- 4 6 oz. filet mignon, brought to room temperature
- salt & pepper to season both sides
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Make sure filet mignon are brought up to room temperature before you cook them. Usually take them out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking. Generously season both sides of the filet.
- Heat a large skillet till it is searing hot! It needs to be HOT for you to get a nice sear.
- Add butter to the pan. Then place the filets in the skillet. Sear the first side for 2 minutes, DO NOT touch them at all. After the 2 minutes is up, flip the filet and repeat by searing for 2 minutes.
- After the two minutes if up, immediately place the skillet in the oven. Uncovered. Let filets bake for 5-6 minutes for medium rare. (I did 6 minutes and it was perfect) If you like you steak cooked more then add 1-2 minutes for each temperature (ex. medium would be 6-7 minutes)
- Remove the steaks when done and let sit.
- In the meantime, add the following to a small food processor – garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Serve each filet mignon with a scoop of chimchurri