Honey Sriracha Mongolian Beef Recipe with Rice Noodles
Today my mind is going a million miles a minute! I’m excited, nervous, and stressed all at the same time.
The way I tend to get that “nervous energy” out is by biting my nails. I know, I know! My mom has been telling me since I was a kid to stop. My husband tells me to stop … because I told him to tell me to stop! I hate that I do it, but I do it none the less and its because my stomach is a bundle of nerves right now.
There are a couple of large decisions that I need to make within the next week and I just want to make sure that I am making the right one. I don’t want to look back and miss a blessing that God was intending to give me.
I am an over-analyzer by nature, so I could look at something once and be convinced one way and then find another article online and be convinced of the complete opposite. I guess it’s good that I’m married to a smart business guy who can look at two options, see the pros and cons and move forward with ONE decision and be okay with it. OH how I wish I had that!
So, as we head into the weekend. If you think of me or pull up my page to make a recipe, say a little prayer for clarity of thought and wisdom. I appreciate it and give you many virtual hugs and kisses!
Enough about me, let’s talk about food shall we?
One of my favorite foods to eat besides Tex-mex food is Asian food. The only draw back with Asian food is I’m still trying to figure out all the flavors! I rarely make it at home. We usually just order take out from P.F. Changs or Pei Wei, plus it gives me a night off.
But this week I was feeling adventurous, and when that happens it means either a huge success or fail in the kitchen.
How to Make This Mongolian Beef Dish
Lucky for you it was a huge success! Mike is a big fan of Mongolian Beef so I decided to try that out first. The sauce for this recipe is pretty simple, you just throw 5 ingredients into a pot, let it simmer, then toss it with the beef and viola Honey Sriracha Mongolia Beef! It is sweet spicy and all kinds of yummy!
This recipe calls for arrowroot. I use this in most of my recipes in place of flour or cornstarch to thicken things up. It can be found in the spice aisle along with all the other spices. 🙂
I made whole wheat rice noodles to go along with this dish and then added some raw carrots and cucumbers for a little crunch and nutrition! Plus, eating vegetables along with pasta and saucy Mongolian Beef is a great way to eat them! 🙂
So the next time you are thinking about ordering take out, like me, just make your own take out. The flavors are perfection and your tummy AND your wallet will be thanking you! Bon Appetite!Print
Forget the take out! Make this healthy, low calorie Honey Sriracha Mongolian Beef with Rice Noodles! It’s sweet, spicy, and perfect for a quick & easy weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 lb. brown rice noodles
- 1/2 cup julienned cucumbers
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Add flank steak and arrowroot to a large ziplock bag, toss to coat the steak with arrow root. Do not over mix. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan add soy sauce, water, honey, garlic cloves, fresh ginger, and sriracha. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a wok or large skillet to medium high heat. Add in canola oil and then flank steak. Saute for 3-4 minutes until steak is slightly browned. Add in Honey Sriracha Sauce, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a bowl, add in brown rice noodles. Cook for 4-6 minutes, until just tender. Remove and then run under cold water.
- Serve Honey Sriracha Mongolian Beef on a bed of rice noodles with carrots, cucumbers, and scallions.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 836 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 37 g
Keywords: mongolian beef recipe, rice noodles recipe, easy beef recipe, beef recipe, beef dish, beef dinner, beef dinner recipe, easy healthy dinner recipe
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!