Easy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili with a Salsa Verde twist! This a comforting crock pot soup that’s guaranteed to be a favorite!
Healthy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili with a Salsa Verde twist! This easy & comforting crock pot soup is filled with flavor and has less than 220 calories per serving.
It’s that time of year. Or at least it should be…
Cozy comfort food is making it’s amazing tasty appearance. The only thing that needs to catch up is the weather. I’m pleading for cooler temperatures around here! I mean, it is October! So cooler weather shouldn’t be too much to ask right?
Luckily, I head to Utah tomorrow so I’m hoping I can bring scarfs and cute boots with me. But we’ll see. I still need to check the weather app. Although, it’s not always the most accurate. Have you noticed that?
Mike and I joke that the weather guys … a.k.a. meteorologists … have one of the only jobs where they can consistently be wrong and no one bats an eye. They just go … hmm ok and move on.
Speaking of moving on. Let’s move on to this amazing White Chicken Chili shall we? (Like how I did that? I’m so smooth!)
Meet My Favorite Crock Pot Chicken Chili Recipe
I feel like every year I try to “one up” my chili game. Last year I did a 30 minute beef chili which was amazing and one of my boys favorites because, well, it’s MEAT!
But this year I wanted to do something a little different and I think I nailed it. Technically I nailed it twice because I’m sharing this Crock Pot White Chicken Chili today and then next week you’ll have an Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili. BOOM!
So basically you’re all set for the fall and cooler months. You’re welcome!
Not only is this chili hearty and super tasty but it’s ridiculously easy to make. You literally just throw everything into the crock pot, no precooking required, and turn it on!
What makes an awesome chili recipe?
- A lot of earthy deep spices, in my opinion cumin is a MUST!
- Chili is all about the simmer! The longer your chili cooks the more the spices and ingredients have to “make friends” and meld together.
- Finish with a splash of acid and fresh herbs to brighten up the soup. I like to use lime juice and fresh cilantro.
If you follow those tips you won’t have to load it up with a bunch of toppings because honestly the chili is the star not all the cheese and extra stuff on top.
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this recipe. You’re going to love it! How do I know? Because all of the people in my house gobbled this one up in seconds. I even had a “ohh mommy this is so good you need to make it again.” It’s one of those recipes you okay with having for leftovers!
And you’ll be sad when it’s all gone!
It’s packed with veggies, beans (because chili.. duh), chicken and then a nice spice from the salsa verde that’s thrown in there. You’re going to love it!
Bon Appetit friends!Print
Healthy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili with a Salsa Verde twist! This easy comforting soup is filled with flavor, less than 220 calories a serving and guaranteed to be a favorite!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 oz. low sodium pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- To a crock add whole chicken breasts, frozen corn, sweet onion, garlic cloves, red pepper, chicken stock, salsa verde, cumin, smoked paprika and black pepper.
- Using a spoon gently stir to mix everything together.
- Cook soup on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from the crock pot. Using two forks shred the chicken and place back in the crock pot along with pinto beans, lime juice and fresh cilantro. Cover and cook on HIGH an additional 30 minutes.
- Optional: garnish with greek yogurt and fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 801 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
Keywords: gluten free recipes, healthy crock pot recipes, slow cooker chicken breast recipes, crock pot chicken recipe, crock pot, slow cooker recipes, easy chicken recipes, chicken soup, white chicken chili, kid friendly, dinner ideas, healthy dinner recipes, easy soup recipes, fall recipes, chicken breast crock pot recipes, best crock pot recipes, chili recipe crock pot
Want More Healthy Crock Pot Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- Crock Pot Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- Potato Corn Chowder with Roasted Poblanos
- Slow Cooker Quinoa Vegetarian Chili