Cranberry Apple Brussel Sprout Salad, an easy healthy salad that’s perfect for the holidays!
Cranberry Apple Brussel Sprout Salad filled with roasted butternut squash, cranberries, goat cheese and pepitas. A healthy salad recipe that needs to be on your table for thanksgiving!
You may have noticed that you aren’t getting recipes from me as often as you use to, and you’re right!
I’ve been kinda testing things out lately with how often I post. Since I started blogging about 5 years ago, I have posted three times a week; Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The past week I’ve gone down to two times a week, one on Tuesday and on Thursday. I’d love to know what you think. So please send me an email at [email protected] to give me some feedback on posting times … OR if your little heart fancies a special recipe this holiday season let me know!
Ok. Moving on to today’s post. Today we are talking a Brussel Sprout Salad people!
What is a Brussel Sprout Salad?
It’s a salad made out of shredded Brussels Sprouts. The sprouts aren’t cooked, they are raw. You can buy a bag of the sprouts already “shredded” or sliced very thin in the grocery store (ahem… easy button) or you can put whole sprouts in a food processor and pulse a couple times until your sprouts are at the desired size. From there, you can add anything you want into your brussel sprout salad!
This Cranberry Apple Brussel Sprout Salad is my ode to fall and a must have on your thanksgiving table!
It’s filled with shredded brussels sprouts, kale (that I massaged with salt to make it tender for salad), cranberries, fresh granny smith apples, red onion, roasted butternut squash, goat cheese, and pepitas. All of the flavors in this salad go so well together, it’s definitely one dreamy bite. There’s sweet, tangy, salty, creamy… it’s divine. And the dressing is an apple cider vinegar base with a slight hint of cinnamon!
It’ll blow your mind. Guaranteed!
In my opinion every dinner table and ESPECIALLY thanksgiving dinner table deserves to have a tasty brussel sprout salad on it. I can’t get enough.
If you’re looking for more brussel sprout salad recipes for thanksgiving I got your back:
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette (hint there’s pomegranates in this one)
- Asparagus Brussel Sprout Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing (goat cheese and roasted asparagus make this salad irresistible)
- Autumn Kale & Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with edamame, dried cherries, and bacon!
- Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts, these sprouts are roasted to perfection then tossed with garlic and salty parmesan for a dynamite finish!
Pretty much. You should be SET when it comes to your “sprout game” because every last one of these recipes is to die for!
All hail the brussel sprout!
Hmmm… Nope! I love ’em .. and you will too! Bon Appetit friends!
Cranberry Apple Brussel Sprout Salad with butternut squash, cranberries, goat cheese & pepitas. A healthy salad recipe perfect for Thanksgiving.
- 3 cups torn kale, tear into small pieces
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup dry cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a small bowl add whole grain mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, smoked paprika cinnamon, minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk until everything is combined and the vinegar and oil no longer separate. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add kale. Add a pinch of salad to the kale and using your hands, massage the kale (by squeezing or rubbing it) in between your hands until the kale turns to a forrest green color and becomes fragrant.
- Then, to the kale bowl add shredded brussels sprouts, roasted butternut squash, red onion, cranberries, pepitas, sliced apple and goat cheese.
- Toss with dressing right before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 77 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg
Keywords: how to make brussel sprout salad, brussel sprout salad for thanksgiving, kale brussel sprout salad, sprout salad, cranberry apple, easy healthy salads, thanksgiving recipes, thanksgiving sides, holiday side dishes, gluten free recipes, healthy christmas side dishes, healthy salads, healthy salad recipes
Want more Healthy Salad Recipes?