Cranberry Apple Brussel Sprout Salad filled with roasted butternut squash, cranberries, goat cheese and pepitas. A healthy salad recipe that needs to be on your table for thanksgiving!
- 3 cups torn kale, tear into small pieces
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup dry cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a small bowl add whole grain mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, smoked paprika cinnamon, minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk until everything is combined and the vinegar and oil no longer separate. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add kale. Add a pinch of salad to the kale and using your hands, massage the kale (by squeezing or rubbing it) in between your hands until the kale turns to a forrest green color and becomes fragrant.
- Then, to the kale bowl add shredded brussels sprouts, roasted butternut squash, red onion, cranberries, pepitas, sliced apple and goat cheese.
- Toss with dressing right before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 77 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg
Keywords: how to make brussel sprout salad, brussel sprout salad for thanksgiving, kale brussel sprout salad, sprout salad, cranberry apple, easy healthy salads, thanksgiving recipes, thanksgiving sides, holiday side dishes, gluten free recipes, healthy christmas side dishes,