This Grilled Honey Sriracha Salmon Salad is a vibrant & healthy summer salad that only takes 30 minutes!
Healthy Grilled Honey Sriracha Salmon Salad
Grilled Honey Sriracha Salmon Salad a vibrant summer salad that’s less than for 400 calories with a whopping 34 grams of protein per serving! This light fresh salad only takes 30 minutes to make but loaded with flavor!
Well today is a little bit overwhelming. It started off good. I got my workout in, which was super challenging, came home and then the “you know what” hit the fan.
I got an email from one of the “pinterest tools” I use that they are closing down the doors and I need to retreive all my data in two days and start with another company. Apparently, this company has not been playing by the rules for quite some time. But I didn’t know it because I’ve been living under a rock taking care of baby number #2.
Oh… then I logged into my WordPress account to write this post and found out that StumbleUpon is also going away. They are transitioning to a new platform called “Mixed” which is suppose to be better. But again, that means I need to transfer all my stuff from StumbleUpon to Mixed and then figure out a way to add a “mixed” button onto my website so that you can now interact on that platform.
Guys, the amount of social media platforms we have in this world right now is unbelievable. It’s just another platform that you have to interact on. Quite overwhelming if you’re a blogger, because the expectation is for you to be active on all of them. Those are the things that make me want to retreat. I just don’t have the time. I revolt!
This morning I needed to step away from the computer. Stress eat a salad, make another coffee and then step back up to my computer to write this post. Which is turning out more like a venting session. Sorry about that.
The good news is, at least you get a delicious recipe out of it!
Salmon is a staple in our house. We eat it probably once a week. It’s a quick easy protein that packs tons of nutritional perks. Lately I’ve been all about the Wild Caught Sockeye Salmon. It’s a little bit more expensive, but in my opinion, you can tell a difference, so the cost is warranted. These are wild caught instead of farm raised so the texture and even color of the salmon will be different. In a good way!
I highly recommend it, if you haven’t tried it yet.
For this Grilled Honey Sriracha Salmon Salad I made a quick sauce that could be used as a marinade AND a dressing. Because I’m nice like that, and who has time to make two different sauces for one salad. Am I right?
I used half of the sauce and rubbed it on the salmon before I grilled it. Once I grilled everything up I drizzled the remaining honey sriracha sauce on top of the salad.
This Salmon Salad will be a summer time favorite. It’s light, vibrant and fresh. It has all those flavor notes you want in a meal sweet, spicy, and salty but most of all it’s a great source of protein.
Bon Appetit friends! Happy Wednesday. Cheers to almost making it to the weekend! Woohoo!
Grilled Honey Sriracha Salmon Salad is less than 400 calories with 34 grams of protein per serving! A fresh & healthy salad that only takes 30 minutes!
Honey Sriracha Salmon
- 1 lb. sockeye salmon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head of romaine, halve
- 3 spears fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup diced red pepper
optional: garnish with chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, approximately 375-400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl add honey, lime juice, sriracha, ground ginger, smoked paprika and minced garlic. Whisk together.
- Drizzle about half the mixture over raw salmon. Rub the sauce into the flesh of the salmon. Set the remaining sauce aside.
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray or rub down with canola oil. Place salmon on the grill flesh side down first. Grill for 4-5 minutes. (while the salmon is cooking, season the skin side with a little bite of salt, this will help it peel off more easily later). Flip the salmon and grill on the skin side for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the grill and let rest.
- In the meantime, add pineapple spears to the grill along with the halved romaine lettuce heads. Grill the pineapple for 2-3 minutes per side (until there are slight grill marks) and the romaine lettuce 2-3 minutes until the lettuce is slightly charred.
- Remove them both from the grill.
- Chop up the charred lettuce and add it to a large bowl along with the grilled pineapple (cut into cubes) sugar snap peas, diced red pepper and then the salmon.
- Serve salad with the remaining dressing on the side.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups salad + 4 oz. salmon
- Calories: 382
- Sugar: 22 g
- Sodium: 31 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: grilling, kid friendly, 30 minute meal, salmon salad recipe, easy salmon recipe, paleo dinner ideas, healthy salads, healthy salad recipe, easy salad recipe
Want More Seafood Recipes?