An Easy Greek Pasta Salad recipe with cherry tomatoes, artichokes, olives, red onion, cucumber, feta and a homemade dressing! This cold pasta salad is an awesome summer side dish recipe to take to your next party – I guarantee it will be the first dish to go!
Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe For Summer
Any excuse for PASTA .. am I right!?
With the kids home this summer large quantities of food that can be made in no time is a MUST!
I’m normally not a fan of pasta salad. Something about it always grossed me out. It may be because all I think about is my moms tuna salad … sorry mom! It was a big bowl of shell noodles tossed with mayo, canned tuna fish, celery (which is a vegetable I still despise to this day), and sweet peas…. served cold.
That was the pasta salad I grew up with. Yuck!
Homemade Pasta Salad Dressing
These days pasta salads come in all shapes and sizes, but the common denominator is usually a base of Mayonaisse or greek yogurt (if you want to make it healthy). There is something about a cold creamy pasta salad that just kinda grosses me out.
Call me weird!?
I’d much rather had a vinaigrette as a base then something creamy. So that is exactly what you have in this Greek Pasta Salad Recipe today, a simple 5 ingredient Greek Vinaigrette!
Everything about this Pasta Salad is light and refreshing!
It’s filled with all my favorite mediterranean veggies – kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and roasted red peppers. Then it’s topped with the homemade vinaigrette and of COURSE some feta cheese!
You’re going to love everything about this Greek Pasta Salad and so are your kids!
How Long Does This Pasta Salad Take To Make?
Not only is this a great salad to have on hand during a busy week with the kiddos but it would make a great side dish for your next backyard BBQ party! Why?
Because it whips up in just under 20 minutes and feeds a crowd!
Can’t wait to hear what you think my friends! Bon Appetit!
Greek Pasta Salad recipe with tomatoes, artichokes, olives, red onion, cucumber, feta & a homemade dressing! This cold pasta salad makes a great side dish.
- 1 roasted red pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup diced artichoke hearts (from a can)
- 1 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb. mini farfelle pasta (bowtie pasta)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffoned
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Put in a large bowl.
- To the large bowl add, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, kalamata olives, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, add red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk until emulsified. (there is no more vinegar and oil separation)
- Pour dressing over the pasta, add fresh basil and mix everything together so noodles are coated and ingredients are mixed.
- Serve pasta salad cold!
Keywords: cold pasta salad, pasta salad recipe, greek pasta salad, healthy pasta salad, greek recipes, summer recipes, side dish recipe, how to make pasta salad
IF YOU MAKE THIS PASTA SALAD RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Easy Side Dishes for Summer BBQ’s?