Sweet & Spicy CHIPOTLE APRICOT GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS – juicy smoky chicken thighs slathered in an easy chipotle apricot glaze!
Sweet & Spicy CHIPOTLE APRICOT GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS – juicy smoky chicken thighs slathered in an easy chipotle apricot glaze that will make you swoon! You’ll be making this easy chicken recipe on repeat this summer.
Today my little boy turns 6! Which is absolutely crazy to me. This past weekend Mike and I were in the pool with him while Madison was sleeping and I had a moment. I was just looking at him as he was talking, joking, laughing and being his normal self when I realized. He’s growing up. He has a personality of his own. He has feelings of his own. He’s not a little boy anymore.
My sweet little big boy is growing up.
I am thankful for his sweet personality. He loves people well. He knows what they like and tries to make people happy. His laugh is contagious and so is his dimpled smile, you can’t help but smile when he does. He is funny, smart, strong, perseverant, challenging and tender hearted.
He truly lives up to what his name means, Godly Warrior. I can’t wait to see the man he turns into as he continues to get older. But for now I’m going to take all the momma snuggles he gives me because I know they won’t last. That some day those snuggles will fade and he’ll have a new woman in his life. Until then I’m gonna enjoy being the apple of his eye!
Ok, sappy post … end.
On to these delicious salivating Chipotle Apricot Glazed Chicken Thighs.
Y’all these Chicken Thighs scream summer to me! They are sweet, spicy, smoky and then perfected on the grill where all that flavor is then charred in for maximum impact. It’s seriously amazing.
The Chipotle Apricot glaze couldn’t be easier to make too. It’s just apricot preserves, chipotle peppers and a few spices. I marinaded the chicken thighs in half of the marinade and then saved half to brush on top of them towards the end of grilling and I’m so glad I did. It really solidified that sweet and spicy flavor and keeps the chicken super juicy and tender.
This recipe is a must make.. and I guarantee once you try it you’ll be making it on repeat throughout the summer!
Bon Appetit friends!
- Serves: 6-8
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Sugar: 24 g
- Sodium: 203 mg
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Cholesterol: 158 mg
- 3 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- 11 oz. apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon diced chiptole peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- To a large bowl, add apricot preserves, chipotle peppers, smoked paprika, salt and water. Whisk together until combined and smooth. Remove ¼ cup of the mixture and set aside for later.
- Add bone-in chicken thighs to the bowl with the sauce. Toss chicken to coat with the chipotle apricot marinade. Cover.
- Marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- Place chicken on grill, skin side down first. Grill for 4 minutes, and then turn the chicken (still skin side down) 45 degrees and cook an additional 4 minutes. This will give you the next grill marks.
- Flip the chicken and repeat this process. (4 minutes turn 45 degrees and grill an additional 4 minutes)
- Then move the chicken out of direct heat and grill until the chickens internal temperature is 165 degrees F. (the chicken might already be done or it could take an additional 5-10 minutes)
- Remove from grill and brush with remaining chipotle apricot glaze.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Grilled Chicken Recipes?