These Chipotle Apricot Grilled Chicken Thighs are sweet, spicy, smokey and juicy chicken thighs slathered in an easy chipotle apricot glaze! So good.
- 3 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- 11 oz. apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon diced chiptole peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- To a large bowl, add apricot preserves, chipotle peppers, smoked paprika, salt and water. Whisk together until combined and smooth. Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside for later.
- Add bone-in chicken thighs to the bowl with the sauce. Toss chicken to coat with the chipotle apricot marinade. Cover.
- Marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- Place chicken on grill, skin side down first. Grill for 4 minutes, and then turn the chicken (still skin side down) 45 degrees and cook an additional 4 minutes. This will give you the next grill marks.
- Flip the chicken and repeat this process. (4 minutes turn 45 degrees and grill an additional 4 minutes)
- Then move the chicken out of direct heat and grill until the chickens internal temperature is 165 degrees F. (the chicken might already be done or it could take an additional 5-10 minutes)
- Remove from grill and brush with remaining chipotle apricot glaze.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 24 g
- Sodium: 203 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Cholesterol: 158 mg
Keywords: chipotle chicken, grilled chicken thighs, grilled chicken thighs recipe, grilled chicken recipe, best chicken thighs recipe, best grilled chicken recipe, apricot chicken, apricot chicken recipe, chicken dinner, easy chicken dinner