This Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake recipe is an easy 5 ingredient classic! Made with cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple and yellow cake mix, it’s a simple dessert recipe that hits all the right notes.
Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
I don’t know about you, but I am a huge fan of dump cake. I like to say it’s not healthy but it’s DEFINITELY joyful. And we all need a little joyful right!? I am a strong believer in “everything is okay, in moderation.”
What is a Dump Cake?
It’s a combination of cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple and white box cake mix. Where does the “dump” come in? Well, you literally just dump all the ingredients into a baking pan, put it in the oven and complete awesomeness awaits you! Now, I know that Dump Cake is not the “healthiest” thing to make. But a little indulgence now and then is good for the soul!
This dump cake recipe has been in our family for years.
How to Make the BEST Dump Cake
A lot of love and minimal ingredients. Like I said early, this recipe is crazy easy because all you do is dump everything in the pan. However, even though it is just dumping, use a spatula and make sure that the pineapple, cherry pie filling and cake mix are spread evenly and go all the way to the edges. This ensures you have the “best bite” every time. The pads of butter on top give it that nice crispy top, which is my favorite part of this cake!
My mom use to make it all the time growing up and I can remember fighting with my dad over the last piece. We were the two that had the sweet tooth’s in the family… still do!
When I moved down to Texas, I started leading a women’s bible study on Monday nights and would make this dessert on occasion. The first time I made it the girls fell in love with it and decided to give it their own name. The called it “Cherry Jubilee” because the cherries made a jubilee celebration in their mouths. haha:)
I recently just made it for my son. He kinda looked at it like. “Ugh.. what is that? I don’t know if I’ll like it.”
And like most things I told him, “give it a try.” Then I smirked, because I knew he’d love it, and gave him a portion. Of course, I was right. The kid devoured this cake in 3 seconds flat, put his plate in the sink and said “mommy that was so good.. I LOVE that cake.”
haha.. He’s definitely my son!
Ok, now for the important part.
How to Store Dump Cake
Store it at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap or if your baking dish has a cover use that.
I guarantee this cherry dump cake will be a favorite. It’s the easiest dessert recipe you’ll ever make and OH MY GOSH so stinking good. Bon Appetit friends!
Here are the items I used in this recipe!
* This post does contain affiliate links, I use these links because I value the products and believe in them 100% and would like to share that with you! Thank you for supporting Joyful Healthy Eats. **Print
This Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake recipe is an easy 5 ingredient classic! Made with cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple and white cake mix, it’s a simple dessert recipe that hits all the right notes.
- Preheat oven to 350º degrees F.
- Dump one 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple with juice in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Dump one 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling over pineapple and spread evenly.
- Take one box of yellow cake mix and evening spread cake mix over the cherry pie filling.
- Chop up on stick of butter into small squares and spread evenly across cake mix. This will create a nice crust.
- Add chopped pecans to the top and spread over the rest of the cake.
- Place baking dish in oven for 35-45 minutes or until topping is slightly browned.
- Wait till it cools and dive in.
Keywords: Dump Cake, Pineapple Dump Cake, Cherry Dump Cake, How to make a dump cake, easy dump cake
More of your Favorite Easy Dessert Recipes?