This easy recipe for homemade Baby Applesauce is perfect for babies and toddlers who are eating solid foods. This applesauce recipe is made with just organic apples and is done in less than 30 minutes!
If you love homemade baby food recipes you should also try my recipes for Butternut Squash Stew and Mango Puree.
My Baby Loves This Homemade Baby Applesauce Recipe
My son has learned to LOVE applesauce, every time he takes a bite this big smile comes across his face, he starts to kick his feet, and pound on his highchair tray. It fills me with so much joy to see how excited he gets right before he eats.
Apples are a great source of nutrients for your growing little one. The best part of all is that this baby applesauce is so easy to make. Plus, another added bonus is that apples aid in making your baby regular. (if you know what I mean)
How To Make Baby Applesauce
To get started, Add about 1 inch of water to a double boiler pot and bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add washed apples whole (skin on) into the steamer basket. Steam the apples in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until flesh is tender when poked with a fork. Remove apples from steamer basket and let cool, reserve cooking liquid. Once apples are cooled peel the skin off, cut flesh away from core and place in blender. Blend until smooth, added reserved cooking liquid as needed.
*Add a pinch of cinnamon for a little flavor, your baby will love to taste.Print
- 4 honey crisp apples, cored and cubed (about 1.5 lbs)
- 4 granny smith apples, cored and cubed (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1–2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- To an instant pot, add cubed apples, water and lemon juice. Using a spoon and stir to make sure lemon juice is coating all the apples.
- Cover instant pot and seal.
- Set to pressure cooker setting on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Once done, let applesauce naturally release for 20 minutes. Then press the pressure valve to release the rest of the steam.
- If you like your applesauce chunky, smash up the apples with a potato masher. If you like it smooth, you could use an immersion blender or blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Keywords: instant pot applesauce