This ultra refreshing Homemade Applesauce is easy to cook in the Instant Pot. You can make it smooth or chunky, tart or sweet – either way, it’ll be divine!
- 4 honey crisp apples, cored and cubed (about 1.5 lbs)
- 4 granny smith apples, cored and cubed (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1–2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- To an instant pot, add cubed apples, water and lemon juice. Using a spoon and stir to make sure lemon juice is coating all the apples.
- Cover instant pot and seal.
- Set to pressure cooker setting on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Once done, let applesauce naturally release for 20 minutes. Then press the pressure valve to release the rest of the steam.
- If you like your applesauce chunky, smash up the apples with a potato masher. If you like it smooth, you could use an immersion blender or blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Makes 4 cups of applesauce.
Keywords: instant pot applesauce, homemade applesauce, unsweetened applesauce