The perfect steak in just 15 minutes! Pan Seared Ribeye that’s finished off in the oven and topped with homemade Herb Butter that will make you swoon!
Happy 4th of July!
I hope you guys are having a fantastic weekend … devouring food, playing outside, making memories and enjoying just being together as a family. I know we are.
This weekend has been non-stop for us. Usually that stresses me out. I am an introvert so I recharge just being at the house by myself for at least a day and then can get back out there being social again. This weekend we haven’t had time for that.
Friday night we went over to some church friends house to swim in their pool, grill out, and just BE together. Being a part of a church plant we spent a lot of time just doing stuff for the church, not necessarily just hanging out … so that night was much needed. We had a blast!
Saturday morning we eased into the morning, watched Kung Fu Panda 3 with Cason (we gave him the option of that or going to the theatre to see Finding Dori he chose the Panda :)), then headed to Ikea to get some storage items for the house. As soon as we got back I had to whip together a few things and then we went over to some other friends house to … swim in the pool (do you see a pattern here), grill out … well actually they smoked .. I grilled .. let the kids play, and just catch up. We always have a fun over there and the food is always SUPERB! 🙂
Sunday morning came around quick and began with my car deciding not to start. Luckily that was remedied with a jump start and a quick drive to the Auto Place to get a new battery. After church we headed over to another friends house for more … wait for it…. BBQ!
We know how to do it up here in Texas! BBQ is our thing!
But today… oh Today! Today we are starting off with a fun 4th of July parade and then headed downtown to enjoy an Astros Baseball game while in the sky suite! All the food and ice cream you can eat .. YES PLEASE!
Let’s just say after this weekend I’m gonna have to hit it hard again at the gym to lose the 5 lbs. I gained!
But since we’re not there yet, let’s talk more food shall we! Have you ever wondered how to make the perfect steak? Sometimes it’s hard to make sure that your steak comes out consistent every time.
Well not anymore!
This Pan Seared Ribeye with Herb Butter starts off on the stove top to sear in all the flavors and then is finished off in the oven to ensure it comes out with the perfect temperature. But the kicker on top is the herb butter finish!
All I have to say is … DROOL!
You will love everything about this Ribeye! The flavor is incredible and it only takes 15 minutes to make! Bon Appetit my friends!
- 2 8-10 oz Ribeye
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
- 3 tablespoons of butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Make the Herb Butter: to a small bowl add butter, thyme, rosemary, salt, and lemon juice. Using a spoon, mix the ingredients together.
- Place butter mixture in a sheet of plastic wrap and roll the butter into a log. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, until butter hardens.
- Preheat grill to 500 degrees.
- Place a large 10" cast iron skillet in the oven. Heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime season both sides of the ribeye with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and place on a burner set to HIGH heat. Add steaks to the pan and sear for 45 seconds. Flip the steaks with tongs to sear on the other side for another 45 seconds.
- Immediately place skillet in the oven and cook (at 500 degrees) for 2 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Remove skillet from the oven. (this will be medium rare, if you like it more well down cook it another minute on each side)
- Cover the skillet with foil and let steaks sit for 2 minutes.
- Serve. Top with herb butter and a lemon wedge.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!