This easy Pan Seared Ribeye Steak Recipe is ready in just 15 minutes! It’s juicy and browned to perfection with a flavor-bursting garlic herb butter on top. This classic steak recipe is a fool-proof method to get the best steak every time!
For the Ribeye Steak
- 2 (8-10 oz) Boneless Ribeye Steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 head of garlic, halved (top and bottom)
For the Garlic Herb Butter
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Make Garlic Herb Butter
- To a small bowl, add 3 tablespoons of softened butter, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt and lemon juice. Using a spoon, mix the ingredients together.
- Place butter mixture in a sheet of plastic wrap and roll the butter into a log. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, until butter hardens.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Place a large 10″ cast iron skillet in the oven. Heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, season both sides of the ribeye with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and place on a burner set to HIGH heat. Add steaks to the pan and sear for 45 seconds. Flip the steaks and sear on the other side for another 45 seconds.
- Immediately place skillet in the oven and cook (at 500°F) for 2 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Remove skillet from the oven. The steaks should have internal temperature of 120°F. (this will be medium rare) If you like it more well done, cook it an additional minute for each temperature (1 minute for medium, 2 minutes for medium well, 3 minutes for well done)
- Let steaks rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with herb butter and a lemon wedge. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted from Alton Brown
Keywords: how to cook ribeye steak, ribeye steak recipe, herb butter recipe, garlic herb butter, pan seared steak, how to pan sear steak, ribeye recipe