This easy Pan Seared Ribeye Steak Recipe is ready in just 15 minutes! Finished in the oven then topped with a homemade herb butter that will make you swoon. This classic steak recipe is a fool proof method to get the best steak every time.
- 2 8-10 oz Ribeye
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt & pepper to season
- 3 tablespoons of butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Make the Herb Butter: to a small bowl add butter, thyme, rosemary, salt, and lemon juice. Using a spoon, mix the ingredients together.
- Place butter mixture in a sheet of plastic wrap and roll the butter into a log. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, until butter hardens.
- Preheat grill to 500°F.
- Place a large 10″ cast iron skillet in the oven. Heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime season both sides of the ribeye with avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and place on a burner set to HIGH heat. Add steaks to the pan and sear for 45 seconds. Flip the steaks with tongs to sear on the other side for another 45 seconds.
- Immediately place skillet in the oven and cook (at 500 degrees) for 2 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Remove skillet from the oven. (this will be medium rare, if you like it more well down cook it another minute on each side)
- Cover the skillet with foil and let steaks sit for 2 minutes.
- Serve. Top with herb butter and a lemon wedge.
Recipe slightly adapted from Alton Brown
Keywords: how to cook ribeye steak, how to grill ribeye steak, easy ribeye steak recipe, ribeye stake