This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Alexia Foods for #CollectiveBias. All opinions are 100% mine. Thanks for supporting the brands that support JHE. #SpringIntoFlavor
Skinny Greek Loaded French Fry Nachos, an easy creative appetizer recipe that will wow your guests and only takes 25 minutes to make!
So today I was feeling creative. Which is good for you because that means you get to reap the benefits!
What are the benefits you ask?
These Skinny Greek Loaded French Fry Nachos… What? French Fry Nachos?
Interesting combo right? But it soooo works!
The base of these nachos is the Rosemary and Sea Salt Fries by Alexia Foods, which on a side note this flavor is brand spanking new and is absolutely amazing!
I was actually going to use the Sweet Potato Fries for this recipe because I LOVE their sweet potato fries but as soon as I saw the Rosemary ones I knew they would be a perfect match with the Greek flavors!
Have you had Alexia Products before? They are pretty well known for their fries! I am usually a make your own fries at home kinda girl, but when I’m in a hurry and don’t have the time their fries are the next best thing! Not only do they have great flavor but they are all natural. Alexia prides itself on being a company that makes high quality side dishes using real ingredients! They put taste and quality first and you can taste it!
For these Skinny Greek Loaded French Fry Nachos I was trying to aim for something that you hadn’t seen before, something that was out of the box creative but also something that was approachable.
I think I hit the nail on the head with this one. Who doesn’t like nachos? AND who doesn’t like French fries? So why not combine them. After all French Fries can be a vehicle for deliciousness too, not just chips!
For nachos you can usually top them with whatever you like. In this case I decided to do a Greek theme.
What do you think of when you think Greek?
Usually my mind goes straight to a Gyro … which is shaved leg meat wrapped in a warm pita bread and stuffed with lettuce, tomato, red onion and then drenched in a cucumber flavor Tzatziki Sauce.
OMG is it amazing!
That is what I was shooting for with these nachos. So after I finished baking the Rosemary & Sea Salt French Fries I topped with the Ground Lamb, diced cucumber, red onions, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and a homemade Tzatziki Sauce. (and if you like some heat add in pepperoncini peppers)
Ya’ll these Nachos are amazing!
They are totally something you could bring as an appetizer to that next summer BBQ you go to or just make it for dinner for the family! Either way you need to try it! I promise you will be shocked at how incredible it is!
PS. if you’re wondering where to get the Alexia Products – just go the Vegetable Freezer Aisle at Walmart!
P.S.S as you can see my boys couldn’t even wait for me to finish shooting these nachos before they dove in! The last shot I got off of little and big hands grabbing those fries!
Can you blame them though! De-lish!
Can’t wait to hear what you think of these!Print
- 1 package (24 oz.) of Alexia Rosemary & Sea Salt French Fries
- 1/2 lb. of ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup of diced cucumbers
- 1/3 cup of finely diced red onions
- 3/4 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of halved kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/3 cup of grated cucumber
- 3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry dill
- juice of one lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, spread Rosemary French Fries out on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- In a food processor add, yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, dry dill, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Blend until smooth and everything is combined. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil and ground lamb. Cook until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes. (do not overcook or it will become dry really fast) Season with salt & pepper.
- Remove french fries from the oven.
- Place on a large plate and top with ground lamb, diced tomato, diced cucumber, diced onions, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and tzatziki sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 225mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 1g
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Appetizer Recipes?
Cilantro Lime Roasted Shrimp with Tomatillo Sauce
Tex-Mex Vegetarian Crepe Quesadillas
Roasted Garlic White Bean Hummus