Creamy Roasted Fennel Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Bacon will be the star of the fall! This soup is packed with rich roasted flavor then topped with chili infused oil and crispy bacon.
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 bulbs of fennel, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chili infused olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 strips smoked bacon, diced
- optional: top with additional drizzle of chili oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add cauliflower and fennel to baking sheet, season with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Place in oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat, add bacon and cook until crispy. Approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on a paper towel lined plate.
- Heat a dutch oven or large saucepan to medium high heat. Add chili oil and red onion. Saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic to dutch oven, saute for 30 seconds. Add roasted cauliflower, fennel, fresh thyme, and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in milk, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Blend up soup using an immersion blender or slowing ladling soup into a blender and puree in shifts.
- Serve soup with crispy bacon and top with a drizzle of chili oil and fresh thyme.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 435 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg
Keywords: cauliflower soup with bacon, cauliflower bacon soup, cauliflower soup recipe, creamy cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower soup, homemade soup recipe, recipe for roasted cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower soup recipe, healthy cauliflower soup