Roasted Cauliflower Salad tossed with a Curry Yogurt Sauce. An easy & healthy side dish that’s loaded with flavor!
Roasted Cauliflower Salad tossed with a Curry Yogurt Sauce, dry cranberries and pepitas! This healthy salad is easy to make and loaded with flavor! It’s the perfect side dish to bring to your next party – definitely a conversation starter.
Do you like? Have you tried it? What do you think?
Ok. So I’ve been afraid of using Curry for quite some time now. But I dived about a year and a half ago by making How Sweet Eats Shrimp Thai Curry Noodle Bowls and I haven’t looked back.
Now, I’ve actually only ever used red curry paste, and I’m officially obsessed with it, never curry powder.
Well folks today we are diving in to curry powder.
It definitely has a different taste than curry paste. I think in the paste the flavors are more developed and obviously mixed with other ingredients to form a paste. The curry powder is very potent. In fact in this recipe I only used 3/4 of a teaspoon and you can taste the curry.
Curry is usually a mixture of a few different spices but the main components are cumin, coriander and turmeric (which is what gives it that golden/orange color). It kinda tastes like a lemon-y savory cumin powder with a touch of turmeric. It’s definitely different than curry paste. But still really good.
I mixed mine in with yogurt, honey, vinegar and lemon juice. It gave the sauce this nice savory but slightly tart taste which I loved, the honey was the kicker. It really balanced things out.
Once I had the sauce figured out it was time for the rest of the components of my salad. I had seen a curry cauliflower salad in a food magazine a couple months back. The photo was so gorgeous I just needed to try and recreate it at home.
Are you like that? Do you just have to make something because the photo is pretty?
We eat with our eyes first. 🙂
So for this salad I roasted the cauliflower florets to bring out the natural sweetness of the cauliflower then tossed. Let them cool a bit then tossed them with sweet dry cranberries, salty pepitas and some fresh cilantro.
I recommend adding the curry sauce in slowly and tossing. You may not want/need to use the whole thing depending on your taste buds. 🙂 This way you can make sure to get it just right.
I liked this salad warm and cold. It’s a great dish to bring to your next BBQ. It’s not your typical potato salad, broccoli salad or baked beans. It’s sure to be a conversation starter because everyone will want to know what’s in it!
Bon Appetit friends!
Roasted Cauliflower Salad tossed with a Curry Yogurt Sauce. An healthy side dish & easy cauliflower recipe that’s loaded with flavor!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt & pepper to season
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Curry Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix cauliflower florets, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the cauliflower.
- Spread seasoned cauliflower out on prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake cauliflower for 20 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- In the meantime, to a small bowl add greek yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder, honey and rice vinegar. Using a whisk, mix everything together until the sauce is smooth and combined.
- Add roasted cauliflower to a large bowl, top with pepitas, dry cranberries, fresh cilantro and curry yogurt sauce. Gently mix everything together.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 36 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
Keywords: cauliflower side dish, cauliflower recipe, easy cauliflower recipes, healthy side dish, healthy side dish ideas
Want More Healthy Side Dishes for the Summer?