Roasted Beet Arugula Salad with sliced almonds, fresh thyme, and creamy goat cheese then drizzled with a honey dijon vinaigrette – the perfect light salad for your weekend summer party! Takes minutes to make!
Sometimes my momma bear kicks in and I just want to throw a big rock at cars that drive by!
The speed limit in our neighborhood, like ALL other neighborhoods is 20 mph. Yet, some people think its a good idea to drive 40/50 mph down our street so they can get to their part of the neighborhood. Because you know .. that 10 extra seconds is going to make a world of difference when they get home.
As a mom of a 3 year old this kills me, I just don’t understand why – when people SEE kids playing in the front yard or driving around on their bike that they should still go fast! Or TEXT while they are driving!!!!!
These are the times when my momma bear comes out. I get in defense mode and want to throw a large rock at cars that are driving by fast to protect my baby from these unintelligent people!
Maybe I should. I guess if I do at least they will remember that crazy lady on the street who throws rocks at cars and will slow down or better yet, avoid our street!! 🙂
Ok, rant over! And beware of flying rocks. 🙂
Onto this Roasted Beet Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese!
Have ya’ll ever had the Beet Salad at Cheesecake Factory? I had it for the first time a couple of months ago and fell in love, so I decided to reinvent it at home!
These red and golden beets are laid on a bed of spicy arugula, topped with sliced almonds, fresh crumbled goat cheese, fresh thyme, and then drizzled with a light honey dijon vinaigrette.
Its light, easy to make, and tastes like a dream that keeps your taste buds guessing with all the different textures and flavor profiles – from sweet, spicy, creamy, and tangy. Ah-mazing!
I brought this dish to a friends BBQ Pool Party and it was gone in seconds! People couldn’t get enough, and I know you won’t be able to either!
- 6 oz. of fresh arugula
- 1 golden roasted beet, sliced
- 2 red roasted beets, sliced
- 2 oz. of crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil
- salt & pepper
- In a small bowl combine, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, dry basil, salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined! Set aside.
- In a large bowl add fresh arugula, golden beets, red beets, sliced almonds, goat cheese, and fresh thyme.
- Drizzle with dijon vinaigrette, toss, and serve.
For directions on how to cook beets click here
Inspired by Cheesecake Factory Beet Goat Cheese Salad
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!