Creamy Dreamy Paleo Blueberry Coconut Popsicles, made with 7 ingredients and only 157 calories a serving!
Your summer just got tastier with this creamy dreamy Paleo Blueberry Coconut Popsicles. Made from all fresh ingredients, no dairy, no refined sugar and 100% yum!
Currently I am sitting on my couch, not feeling the best, extremely tired but still trying to work.
Then I hear my new favorite sound.
Ding. Ding. Ding. Each “ding” being higher in pitch than the last. And then I hear, vvvrrroooomm.
Alfred came on.
Who or what is Alfred?
He is our new irobot or roomba (we named him Alfred) and we are quickly becoming best friends! Basically Alfred comes on every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9am and doesn’t stop until my entire downstairs is vacuumed.
The main reason we got one is because our new house is primarily tile, which is great. But it’s kinda hard to keep clean, especially with a 75 lb. lab at home who sheds white hair like it’s her job. So my husband had the brilliant idea of getting one of those robot vacuums and now I’m officially in love. The only thing Alfred hasn’t figured out yet, is how to climb the stairs so he can do the upstairs too. But that’s ok. 🙂 All in time Alfred!
Ok, moving on to today’s recipe for the day before we head into the weekend.
PALEO BLUEBERRY COCONUT POPSICLES.
These popsicles are a mixture of naturally sweetened coconut milk and homemade blueberry compote. It’s a total win! I will say, Cason asked me. “Mommy, why did you add the coconut milk? I just want the blueberries.” So he kept eating it to get to the blueberries. hahaha.
I was going for more of a blueberry ‘n cream kinda feel and that is exactly what this popsicle is! Except not overly sweet! It has just enough sweetness to satisfy but not enough to give you a sugar crash. 🙂
Everything about this recipe is super easy to make and I guarantee you will have most of it in your pantry right now.
The best part is, you’ll have extra blueberry compote left over which means you can use it to top those Whole Wheat Pancakes in the morning!
Bon Appetit friends and happy weekend!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 16 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ tablespoons water
- ½ tablespoon arrowroot
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (just the cream part)
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (both the cream and the water part)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small sauce pan add blueberries, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1½ tablespoons of water. Bring a boil, stirring throughout. )about 4-5 minutes. Add arrowroot to the blueberries, gently stir everything together. Remove from heat and place in the freezer to cool down.
- In the meantime, add coconut milk (just cream part) and full can of coconut milk with water to a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of honey, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- To a popsicle mold, fill each mold up halfway. Add a scoop (about a tablespoon) of the blueberry mixture to each mold. Finish with the coconut milk until the molds are full.
- Add popsicles stick and place in freezer fro 2-4 hours.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Healthy Dessert Recipes?