Paleo & Gluten Free Strawberry Chia Pudding made with only 5 ingredients. Filled with fresh strawberries, naturally sweetened with coconut milk and honey. This Chia Pudding recipe is great for a light breakfast option or healthy dessert!
An Easy & Delicious Chia Pudding Recipe
We are officially in the season of all things red and pink and this week is all about Valentines Day.
Last week I gave you on my favorite dessert –> Nutella Chocolate Lava Cake
Wednesday I plan to hit you up with a savory salmon dinner perfect for you and that special someone. So, today I thought it was time to do a breakfast option. (although truth be told I’ve had this for dessert too)
What I love about Chia Seed Pudding is just by using just a few simple natural ingredients you can make a delicious pudding. Chia Seeds, when put in liquid, puff up and turn the liquid mixture into a gel-like texture therefore creating pudding. It’s so cool!
And you get all the benefits of chia seeds!
What Are the Benefits of Chia Seeds?
- A good source of Omega-3s which helps raise HDL levels, the “good” cholesterol.
- High in fiber, which helps fill you up!
- High in antioxidants and iron – great for overall health.
How to Make Chia Pudding:
- To a small bowl add coconut milk, cows milk or almond milk.
- Flavor with vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract and honey. Mix together.
- Add chia seeds and whisk to incorporate everything.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
Why is my Chia Seed Pudding Runny?
Sometimes when your chia seed pudding doesn’t thicken up it has to do with the amount of liquid you use. Chia Seeds love liquid, they soak it right up. If your chia seed pudding didn’t set just add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, whisk together and let sit for another 1 hour. It should thicken.
Is Chia Pudding Good for You?
The short answer is, yes. But it all depends on what you add to it. When it comes to chia seed pudding you have to watch out for the sugar count. Fruit in general has a high sugar content as well as high carbohydrate content. Which is fine because they are natural, but you really want to balance that out with protein. So adding nuts, nut butter or even protein powder will add to the protein count making it more of a balanced meal.
How Long Does Chia Pudding Last?
If store in an air tight container in the refrigerator, chia seed pudding should last up to 5 days. After that it might get a little too watery.
But honestly it won’t last that long in the refrigerator because you’ll devour it! This Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding is a great mid day snack or guilt free late night treat after the kids go down.
Why after the kids go down? Because if your kids are like mine they are mooches and will eat your food! This is a dish you don’t want to share. Trust me!
It’s perfect for a grab and go breakfast with some fresh fruit and homemade granola or top it with some cacao nibs in the evening!
But most importantly it’s perfect for valentines day, because duh it’s pink!
Bon Appetit friends!
Paleo & Gluten Free Strawberry Chia Pudding made with only 5 ingredients. Great for a light breakfast option or healthy dessert!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 can (13.5 oz) of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- To a blender or food processor add fresh strawberries, coconut milk, honey and vanilla bean paste. Blend until strawberries are completely pureed and everything is mixed.
- Add mixture to a medium bowl along with chia seeds. Using a spoon mix everything together. Cover and let rest for 4 hours or overnight.
- Optional: top with fresh fruit, honey or cacao nibs
- Serving Size: 4 oz.
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 18 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: strawberry chia pudding, chia pudding recipe, coconut chia pudding, healthy dessert recipes, no bake desserts, vegetarian desserts, strawberry recipes, how to make chia pudding
Want More Chia Seed Recipes?