A easy step by step guide on How to make Elderberry Syrup from dry berries. This Elderberry Syrup has a lot of natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties – plus your kids will love!
Easy Homemade Elderberry Syrup Recipe
As a mom I try to do all I can to make sure that my family stays healthy. We take vitamins, supplements, and use essential oils on a daily basis. If you want to learn more about essential oils or the best oils to use for beginners go here. I share all my deets! 🙂
Another thing we do to stay healthy, especially during the colder months is make homemade elderberry syrup.
What is elderberry?
Elderberry is a berry that is loaded antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help ward off sickness. I buy them dry online and then make my own homemade syrup.
What is Elderberry Syrup?
How to Make Elderberry Syrup:
This recipe turns into one syrup “superhero” to fight off sickness. Our little family has been taking spoonfuls of this daily the past couple of months and my 8 year old LOVES it! Here’s how to make it:
- Add dry elderberries, water, cinnamon sticks and honey to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let mixture cool. Strain the whole elderberries through a sieve so you are left with just the liquid.
- Add essential oils to the mixture. (lemon, citrus, cinnamon bark, clove and thieves)
- Store syrup in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
How Many Times a Day Should I Take Elderberry Syrup?
- It is recommended up to 2 tablespoons of elderberry syrup per day for adults.
- For children 2+ in age it is recommended 1 teaspoon per day.
You can buy a 1lb. bag of dry elderberries on amazon –> click here to buy it now!
Elderberry Syrup is something our family takes on a daily basis. It’s loaded with nutrients that our bodies needs and high in anti-oxidants which is great to fight sickness. If you have any questions about this super powered syrup don’t hesitate to ask.
A recipe for how to make Elderberry Syrup with elderberries, honey and essential oils. A natural antioxidant anti-inflammatory immune boosting syrup your kids will love!
- 1 cup dried elderberries
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 drops of lemon oil
- 4 drops of citrus oil
- 4 drops cinnamon bark oil
- 2 drops of clove oil
- 2 drops of thieves oil
- To a large sauce pan add dry elderberries, water, honey and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a large bowl or mason jar.
- Add lemon oil, citrus oil, cinnamon bark oil, clove oil, and thieves oil. Stir everything together.
- Store elderberry syrup in an air tight container (I store mine in a large mason jar) for up to 3 months.
* Stir before using.
** Adults can take up to 2 tablespoons per day. Childcare can take 1 teaspoon per day.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon (adult) 1 teaspoon (children 2+)
Keywords: natural medicine, home remedies, natural remedies, how to use elderberry syrup, how to make elderberry syrup, elderberry syrup, immune boosting, antioxidant recipes, essential oils, aromatherapy, anti-inflammatory recipes, homemade elderberry syrup