A recipe for how to make Elderberry Syrup with elderberries, honey and essential oils. A natural antioxidant anti-inflammatory immune boosting syrup your kids will love!
- 1 cup dried elderberries
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 drops of lemon oil
- 4 drops of citrus oil
- 4 drops cinnamon bark oil
- 2 drops of clove oil
- 2 drops of thieves oil
- To a large sauce pan add dry elderberries, water, honey and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a large bowl or mason jar.
- Add lemon oil, citrus oil, cinnamon bark oil, clove oil, and thieves oil. Stir everything together.
- Store elderberry syrup in an air tight container (I store mine in a large mason jar) for up to 3 months.
* Stir before using.
** Adults can take up to 2 tablespoons per day. Childcare can take 1 teaspoon per day.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon (adult) 1 teaspoon (children 2+)
Keywords: natural medicine, home remedies, natural remedies, how to use elderberry syrup, how to make elderberry syrup, elderberry syrup, immune boosting, antioxidant recipes, essential oils, aromatherapy, anti-inflammatory recipes, homemade elderberry syrup