An incredible Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad filled with crunchy ciabatta bread, charred vegetables, fresh basil, and sweet balsamic vinaigrette! This salad, is light, refreshing, and totally swoon worthy!
Can I just say that the weather we’ve been having the past 3 weeks has been incredible! It’s been a cool 70’s most days, and sometimes gets up to the low 80’s but not overly hot. It has been gorgeous!
This is exactly why I love living in the south! The sun comes out .. hip hip hurray! Which means that my grilling season starts way earlier than most! Well, actually if I’m being honest I usually grill year round but it’s a lot more frequent when the weather starts to warm up. 🙂
So, because the weather is nice and grill season is in full swing for me you get to reap the rewards!
Panzanella Salad has always intrigued me. It sounds amazing and the colors .. I mean wow! They just make this dish pop visually.
There is just something about warm toasted bread that makes me happy. But when it’s grilled, crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and then filled with smokey flavor. Yup.. it’s pretty much irresistible!
Not only is this dish so impressive visually but it is incredibly flavorful, with bright fresh vegetables, lemony basil, and topped with sweet white balsamic vinaigrette!
This salad is the perfect compliment to any protein. I served it with fresh grilled halibut, but you could serve it with Chicken, Steak, or even Salmon. The flavors will literally go with anything. I have no doubt that this entire bowl will be gone as soon as you give it a try!
If you’re in need of some recipe ideas for Easter weekend this is fantastic! But definitely be sure to keep this recipe in your back pocket as we head into the summer, it is a show stopper for sure and so easy peasy to make!
I hope you enjoy my friends!
Bon Appetit and happy weekend!Print
- half loaf of ciabatta bread, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced in half
- 1 yellow squash, sliced in half
- 1 red onion, sliced in 1/2″ thick slices
- 1 pint of cherry tomato
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- canola oil to brush
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Lightly brush vegetables with canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables on the grill. For the peppers, place on the grill whole and grill each side for 3-4 minutes. Grill the zucchini, squash, and red onion about 3-4 minutes per side. (so you get char marks) and lastly place the cherry tomatoes in a grill basket and grill for 3 minutes. Remove all the vegetables and place in a bowl to cool.
- Once cooled, roughly chop all vegetables. Place in a large bowl.
- Next, season ciabatta bread with canola oil.
- Place the inside part of the grill, grill the bread for 2-3 minutes until slightly charred.
- Remove from grill and cut bread into 1″ cubes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until combined.
- Add bread to the large bowl with chopped vegetables, drizzle dressing on top and add in chopped basil.
- Toss everything together and serve!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!