Grilled Stone Fruit with Yogurt & Homemade Granola – an easy summer dessert recipe that’s light on the tummy!
Grilled Stone Fruit topped with Vanilla Yogurt & Homemade Granola – an easy summer dessert recipe that’s light, refreshing, and so easy to make!
Can I just say I am soooo glad that the cat is out of the bag. I have been wanting to tell you the good news for so long but we both really wanted to wait until we got through that first trimester.
Speaking of the first trimester. Ya’ll. It was rough. I was a little sick with Cason. Usually I had my morning “throw up” and then I was good to go the rest of the day. With this one, it’s been non stop.
To the point where we probably ate out for dinner at least 3 weeks because I couldn’t cook. Smelling food made me sick. Editing photos of food made me sick. Writing a post with the pictures of the food visible made me sick. It was awful!
Thank goodness for my mom. She seriously has been the saving grace in all this. Like I said before, she has come over once a week and helped me (and by help, I mean she makes my brain child recipes and I sit watching her) for the past 3 weeks. We knock out 3-4 recipes each time and I take all the photos. Then I send her home with the food as payment. hehe… not that she needs the payment because you know.. I’m her daughter and she would help me anyway. 🙂
But needless to say. Creating recipes, making them, and editing the photos has been INCREDIBLY hard the past 4-5 weeks! Luckily I feel like the past week and a half I’ve started to come out of the nausea haze and my brain has started thinking of new recipes to create again. Thank goodness!
And this Grilled Stone Fruit topped with yogurt and homemade vanilla almond granola is one of those recipes. I have been loving plums lately and so has my little man. So as a way to lighten up dessert or indulge in a fun changeup to breakfast I thought I’d throw some stone fruit on the grill. The caramelization that happens once the stone fruit hits the grill is magical. The grill brings out the natural sweetness of the fruit.
Once the warm fruit is topped with creamy tangy yogurt and crunchy homemade granola it seriously becomes irresistible. I cannot wait for you guys to try this one. It’s the perfect light sweet treat for the summer!
Bon Appetit ya’ll!
- 3 peaches, halved
- 3 plums, halved
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup siggis plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Homemade Almond Vanilla Granola
- optional: honey for drizzle
- Preheat grill to medium heat, about 300-350 degrees F.
- Gently brush canola oil on the flesh side of the stone fruit halves.
- In a small bowl, add yogurt, vanilla bean paste, and honey. Mix to stir everything together, set aside.
- Place stone fruit flesh side down on the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes, until there are slight char marks. Remove from grill.
- Serve grilled stone fruit with a dollop (about a tablespoon) of vanilla yogurt mixture and top with homemade almond vanilla granola. Optional: drizzle with honey for a finishing touch
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Summer Dessert Recipes?