Grilled Corn on the Cob with a Creamy Roasted Jalapano Sauce
Growing up in Wisconsin … aka farmland filled with corn, milk, and cheese. You can imagine we had ahhh… LOT of corn!
In fact, at State Fair the three places “to go” were the cream puff station, the grilled corn station, and the beer tent. (eh… it’s Wisconsin) 🙂
One of our favorite vegetables to grill during the summer is Corn on the Cob! It’s also friendly on your pocketbook. You can get 4 for a $1 in the summer and sometimes even cheaper! Can’t beat that! It’s an easy way to feed a crowd!
Corn by itself is delicious, but why not make it irresistible. I mean really.. if you have the chance why not take it! No boring food here!
As you know Mike and I like things that have a tex mex leaning and a little bit of heat! Just enough to clear your sinuses. 🙂 hehe
I got the inspiration for this recipe from Mexican Street Corn, which if you haven’t had it before is down right delicious! Mexican Street Corn is typically topped with Chili Powder, Garlic Salt, Mayonnaise, Pepper, and then finished with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Perfecto!
To make this lighter I used greek yogurt, added fresh cilantro, smoked paprika, lime juice and then took it up a level in heat with the roasted jalapeno! Warning… if you can’t handle the heat …. get out of the kitchen… no actually I was going to say remove the seeds from the peppers. That’s where most of the heat is!
The flavor on the corn from being grilled can’t be beat! It just beams summer, sunscreen and pool time! But then you top it with the Creamy Roasted Jalapeno Sauce and you have pure side dish perfection!
If you’re anything like me you’re loading up your Pinterest Boards with all things Summer. In fact I actually have a board specifically called “I’m Lovin Summer Recipes.”
This recipe will definitely be in it because Grilled Corn is a staple in our house during the summer. But until then, this recipe needs could make a debut at your house for Cinco De Mayo weekend! Ole!
Bon Appetit my friends!Print
An easy Grilled Corn on the Cob with Roasted Jalapano Sauce that you’ll swoon over! This creamy grilled corn recipe is the new star of the summer!
- 6 ears of corn
- 1 whole jalapeno
- quarter of a red onion
- garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of salt
- 5.5 oz plain greek yogurt
- Preheat grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees.
- Place whole jalapeno on the grill along with a quartered red onion. Grill each side of the jalapeno for 3-4 minutes, until you see char marks. Do the same for the red onion.
- Remove from grill, slice the stem of the jalapeno off, remove the seeds (unless you like it hot then keep the seeds in).
- Add jalapeno, red onion, garlic clove, lime juice, fresh cilantro, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt to a small food processor. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- To a small bowl add greek yogurt, and 2-3 tablespoons of the roasted jalapeno mixture. (depending on how much heat you can handle). Gently fold them together. Set aside.
- Add corn directly to the grill. Grill each side of the corn for 3-4 minutes, until there are char marks.
- Remove the corn from the grill. Rub about 2 teaspoons of the creamy roasted jalapeno sauce all over the corn and devour!
- Serving Size: 1 corn cob
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
Keywords: grilled corn recipe, grilled corn, grilled corn on the cob, grilled corn cob, grilled corn how to, corn recipe, easy side dish, healthy side dish, jalapeno recipe
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!