Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad recipe with a Light Caesar Dressing that is egg and anchovy free!
This Salad takes 15 minutes to make, is 289 calories a serving, and you can’t beat that dynamite grill flavor infused throughout this dish!
There are some days when I wish a 300 character limit was not needed. When all I had to do was post some pictures, a recipe, and hit publish.
Last night Cason decided to wake up a couple of times in the middle of the night. At 3:20am I decided to just take him into our bed. Normally he’s fine and goes right back to sleep. This time he didn’t or maybe he did, I’m not sure he’s a kicker when he sleeps anyways and I kept getting kicked in the legs. By 5am my husbands alarm had gone off and I still had not fallen asleep from when I moved little man into bed.
Ugh… to say I’m exhausted is an understatement. I am on my second cup of coffee, it is cloudy out and all I want to do is curl up on the couch, watch a movie, and be fed pizza and wine all night! But alas, I have to reach that 300 character limit. Soo.. if you can’t tell. Today is one of those days I just don’t want to type. I want to show you the photos, give you the recipe and say peace out!
Ya feel me?! Does anyone else have days that they just want to check out?
Luckily, I get to share this delicious Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with you .. then peace out!
What I love about this salad is almost everything in here is grilled! The chicken, the tomatoes, and even the lettuce.
It makes for one ultimate grill recipe … can you tell I can’t wait for the summer and all the fun BBQ parties! 🙂
The Caesar Dressing is actually one I’ve had on my site for a while. I found the recipe in one of my favorite books, Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist. The recipe is totally a keeper and every time I’m in the mood for Caesar Salad this is the dressing I make! It has just the right amount of tang and saltiness.
But the real twist to this dressing is there are no egg and no anchovies! Woot woot! That alone sold me on this recipe.
I know you will love it and it will quickly become your go to recipe just like me.
So, if you’re in the mood for a light yet full flavored salad recipe that will take you right to grill season than this Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad is it!
If anything, try the salad just to see how good the grilled romaine lettuce is!
It takes 15 minutes to make and is only 289 calories a serving. Bon Appetit my friends and Happy Friday.
(woohoo we are almost to the weekend people, and that is reason enough to celebrate!)
** There are affiliate links in this post.**Print
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad recipe with a Light Caesar Dressing that’s egg & anchovy free! At 289 calories a serving & only 15 min to make it’s a must try.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt & pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 hardboiled eggs, cut into quarters
- Homemade Caesar Dressing
- optional: croutons
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the grill and grill each side for 5-6 minutes, or until there is no more pink.
- In the meantime, make the Homemade Caesar Dressing in a food processor.
- Add cherry tomatoes to a grill basket, and grill for 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes start to burst. Remove and set aside.
- Place romaine lettuce on the grill, inside side down. Grill for 2-3 minutes, you’re just looking for slight char marks.
- Roughly chop the romaine lettuce, place in a large bowl with sliced grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs, and cherry tomatoes. Serve with Homemade Caesar Dressing on the side.
- Serving Size: 2 cups of salad
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 211 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 156 mg
Keywords: grilled chicken salad recipe, grilled chicken salad, no anchovy Caesar salad recipe, no egg Caesar salad recipe
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!