Avocado Toast with zesty Charred Corn Salsa makes the perfect breakfast, lunch or snack.
Gluten Free Avocado Toast topped with zesty Charred Corn Salsa makes the perfect breakfast, lunch or snack. This healthy avocado toast is packed with good fats, nutrients & flavor you’ll love!
Can we all agree that avocado toast should be it’s own food group?
Avocado toast has become a staple for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And people have made an art out of trying to make the prettiest toasts out there. For real! Head to pinterest and type in avocado toast. You’ll see a plethora of toast options out there and every one of them is drop dead gorgeous!
If I’m being honest, I did have fun putting this one together. I was thinking of all the colors I wanted to see before I even came up with the recipe. Then, once I had all the colors, I started to insert the ingredients.
What is avocado toast?
Don’t overcomplicate it. It’s bread that’s toasted topped with avocado. The avocado itself can be sliced, diced or smashed then placed on the toast. You can use gluten free bread, regular bread, baguettes or even thinly sliced and toasted sweet potatoes.
What to put on avocado toast?
- Avocado (duh)
- Go the simple route: olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add a protein. (chicken, tuna, egg, steak, etc.)
- Do the vegetable route by adding a salsa, roasted red pepper, fresh cucumber, tomato slices, or pickled onions.
- Want something sweet? Add fresh strawberries, blueberries or raspberries.
- Add some dairy with crumbled goat cheese or queso fresco.
The options are seriously limitless. Which is why I believe avocado toast is so popular right now.
Ok, now that I’ve blown your mind with all the possible toppings, let’s go to what I chose to top mine with. If you know me at all you know I’m …..
O B S E S S E D with tex-mex food! Like I could eat it all the live long day. And I’m pretty sure it will be served in heaven, because guacamole is from God!
Can I get an amen!?
When it comes to tex-mex you can’t get anymore original than avocado + salsa. This charred corn salsa is super easy to make too. I bought a bag of frozen charred corn and mixed it with pico de gallo. However, if you’re grocery store doesn’t have charred corn just buy regular corn and char it in a skillet. Easy peasy! Add in some more fresh cilantro to brighten it up, toss everything together and voila.
Add the sliced avocado to your toast, top it with your homemade charred corn salsa and you’re done. Drizzle with a little olive oil or cracked black pepper for an extra wow factor or top it with an egg for extra protein.
This is seriously one of my families favorite meals to make and I love it too because first off I’m an avocado-holic and secondly it’s so easy to make.
You can’t go wrong with avocado toast. You’re getting good fats, healthy whole grains and carbs. It’s a great way to start or end the day.
Bon Appetit friends and happy weekend. I’m headed out to go recover from the “crazy” that was this week! Peace!
Gluten Free Avocado Toast topped with zesty Charred Corn Salsa makes the perfect breakfast, lunch or snack. This healthy toast is packed with good fats, nutrients & flavor you’ll love!
- 4 slices of udi’s gluten free bread
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup charred corn (you can char it yourself, I just bought frozen charred corn)
- 1 cup pico de gallo (use store bought or make it yourself)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- garnish with fresh cilantro
- To a small bowl add charred corn, pico de gallo and cilantro. Toss to mix everything together. Set aside.
- Toast bread to desired doneness.
- Add sliced avocado to toast.
- Top each avocado toast with charred corn salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeños (if you want)
- Serving Size: 1 toast
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 474 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: avocado toast, charred corn salsa, corn salsa, healthy breakfast recipes, gluten free recipes, vegetarian, gluten free avocado toast, kid friendly, easy sandwich recipes, avocado recipes
Want More Healthy Breakfast Recipes?