Fudgy Flourless Pumpkin Brownies – the perfect guilt free dessert option this holiday season!
Fudgy Flourless Pumpkin Brownies made with maple syrup, pumpkin puree, almond butter, and cocoa powder! These brownies are so fudgy you’ll be shocked! It’s the perfect guilt free dessert recipe this holiday season!
Ok. I finally gave in. I have seen so many pumpkin recipes lately, I think it’s time.
I mean, even Starbucks has brought back the PSL (pumpkin spice latte), which means pumpkin season has officially started. After all Starbucks IS the trend setter, right?
The past couple of weeks with this pregnancy I have been craving something sweet in the evenings. Usually I’ll go for a scoop of Nutella, a coconut Chobani flips that has almonds and chocolate chips in it, or a little bit of So Delicious Coconut Milk Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
None of those I really feel guilty eating because they aren’t excessive in calories and the amount I’m eating is minimal. Basically the serving size or less. Plus I’M PREGNANT! But I needed a little bit of a changeup.
Enter these Fudgy Flourless Pumpkin Brownies.
Y’all I’ve never made brownies before without flour and to be honest I wasn’t sure how it would taste.
But I saw that my friend Christina from Dessert for Two posted these Vegan Brownies and she made with almond butter. It got me curious. So of course I experimented.
Holy Hannah are these good! Way better than I thought that would be!
You get a very slight hint of pumpkin, a few of the pumpkin spice spices and major chocolate taste (which is right up my alley). They are incredibly moist and fudgy and still have that “brownie texture.”
Of course I NEEDED to top them with extra chocolate chips.. cuz … why not!
My favorite way to eat these brownies is warm right out of the oven. In fact, I actually warmed them up in the microwave the next day because in my opinion they are better warm, the almond butter melted a little bit. Plus the brownie being warm kinda reminds of a brownie sundae. In fact… hmm maybe I should start topping them with that Coconut Milk Ice Cream. YUM!
Ok, sorry got distracted. Clearly desserts do that to me! Focus!
All in all, what you need to hear about these brownies is. They are
- Have a slight pumpkin taste
- Are crazy fudgy!! Even with NO FLOUR!
- 163 calories a serving!!
Basically you need these in your life. They are the perfect guilt free dessert option this fall, totally deliver on flavor and satisfy that sweet tooth!
- Serves: 12 brownies
- Serving size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 207 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (I like to use dutch processed)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish. Spray with cooking spray and then line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. (enough of an overhang to remove the brownies easily.
- In a stand mixer, add pumpkin puree, almond butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and an egg. Mix on high until batter is smooth.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using the parchment paper lift brownies from pan and let rest on cooling rank until you are ready to serve.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Pumpkin Recipes?