Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash a delicious dinner recipe that screams comfort food.
** I worked with the #cabotcheese campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network for this post. All opinions are 100% mine and honest. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats.**
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, a delicious dinner recipe that screams comfort food but in a healthy way. Tender Spaghetti Squash filled with chicken, broccoli then covered in a creamy cheese sauce!
Can you believe that we are almost officially in September? I walked into a Starbucks the other day and there was a sign that had a Pumpkin Spice Latte countdown on it… guys it read 6 days!
How are we already starting the “all things Pumpkin season!” This week in Texas, we’ve literally had heat advisory in the afternoon. By 3pm the heat index is 113 degrees F. I can’t even think of Pumpkins right now! It still feels like we are in the dog days of summer.
However, even though down south we are blazing hot. The reality is school has started and we are less than a month from the 1st day of Fall. Fall to me means school routines are in full swing, the holidays are just around the corner, things are nice and cozy and comfort food is at every corner.
What do you think of when I say comfort food?
Do you think mac and cheese? Or hamburgers? Or what about a big steak salad? Or a moist slice of double chocolate cake?
I’d like to say all of the above.
Guys. I like food. What can I say. It’s all comfort to me, I don’t discriminate.
But the epitome of “comfort” to me is all things cheesy. I grew up on cheese. After all, remember I AM a Wisconsin Cheesehead born and raised. It’s in my blood. So any chance I get to cover something with cheesy goodness I’m taking it.
And this Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash screams comfort to me.
Normally Alfredo sauce is made with parmesan cheese but today we are changing things up and adding Cabot White Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Cabot is one of my favorite cheese brands. I’ve noticed that whenever I put together a cheese board I usually have one or two of their products because I know that it will be quality, have deep flavor and is always creamy! Hands down one of my go to cheeses is their Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese! Y’all I could eat a block of it all by myself… unfortunately I have to fight my husband because he likes cheese too! Especially this kind because All Cabot Cheddars are naturally lactose-free… and my man is all about the lactose free! hehe
Cabot is a co-operative owned by 1,000 family farms throughout New England & New York. The awesome thing is 100% of the profits go back to the farmers. Woot Woot! What I love about Cabot is, they are deeply committed to making the finest cheese and dairy products on earth. And you can taste it in their product! They’re dairy farmers and cheesemakers, they feel lucky that they get to do things their way. The right way.
Even though I’ve used their cheese blocks plenty of times on my cheese boards I’ve never actually used their shredded cheese. Well, I’m changing that today in this Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. Now, let’s go back to the whole Alfredo situation. Like I said, we are using cheddar instead of parmesan. The sharp cheddar gives the sauce a nice cheesy tang that you won’t get from parmesan. The cheese sauce combined with the sweetness from the spaghetti squash makes one dynamite bite.
Not only is this recipe easy to make (cuz ya know.. that’s what I like to do) but it’s so flavorful. Just a warning. You’re gonna be addicted to the sauce! For realz. It’s delicious cheesy goodness!
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, a delicious dinner recipe that screams comfort food but in a healthy way. Spaghetti Squash filled with chicken, broccoli then covered in a cheese sauce!
- 5 lb. spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil over the spaghetti squash flesh. Rub the oil in with your hands.
- Place prepared spaghetti squash flesh side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the squash is tender and easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove from oven and flip the squash over on baking sheet so flesh side is facing up.
- Evenly distribute the cooked chicken and fresh broccoli between the two spaghetti squash halves.
- Set aside.
- Bring a small saucepan to medium high heat. Add butter and melted. Next add in milk, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Next add in Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese, parsley, basil and oregano. Continue to whisk until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Evenly pour the sauce over each spaghetti squash half.
- Place squash in oven for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 286 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: chicken breast recipe, gluten free recipes, dinner ideas, healthy comfort food, chicken alfredo, stuffed spaghetti squash, kid friendly, low carb recipes
Want More Cheesy Recipes?