Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, a delicious dinner recipe that screams comfort food but in a healthy way. Spaghetti Squash filled with chicken, broccoli then covered in a cheese sauce!
- 5 lb. spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil over the spaghetti squash flesh. Rub the oil in with your hands.
- Place prepared spaghetti squash flesh side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the squash is tender and easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove from oven and flip the squash over on baking sheet so flesh side is facing up.
- Evenly distribute the cooked chicken and fresh broccoli between the two spaghetti squash halves.
- Set aside.
- Bring a small saucepan to medium high heat. Add butter and melted. Next add in milk, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Next add in Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese, parsley, basil and oregano. Continue to whisk until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Evenly pour the sauce over each spaghetti squash half.
- Place squash in oven for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 286 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: chicken breast recipe, gluten free recipes, dinner ideas, healthy comfort food, chicken alfredo, stuffed spaghetti squash, kid friendly, low carb recipes