An easy delicious Charred Corn Caprese Flatbread topped with sweet Balsamic Reduction – it screams summer, takes 30 minutes to make, and uses less than 10 ingredients! You’re gonna love it!
What I love about my marriage is how we are intentional about spending time together .. just us.
Saturday turned into one of those days. We got a text from my in-laws in the morning asking if they could take our little guy on a kayak trip. “Sure why not. He would love to.”
So after Grandma and Grandpa picked up little man we headed out to go shopping.
In a couple weeks we are taking a trip to Sonoma, California with friends. Actually one of my photographer friends .. so she said .. “hey since you guys are celebrating your 10 year anniversary this year why don’t we do a fun photoshoot on the cliffs in Cali with you in a wedding dress and Mike in a suit.”
Um… yes!!! How fun is that!
So we needed to get Mike a suit and with our new discovered free time … now was the time. My favorite kind of shopping … shopping for a suit for my husband.
A man in a clean cut suit, athletic cut shirt, a tie, belt, and trendy brown shoes!!
Let’s just say that I was ready to head home right then and there! Whoazer was he looking good! I just kept smiling at him the entire time.
Good news is after a couple of hours of looking and two stores we found two suits .. and I am making it a requirement that he wears it once a month!
Now onto something else that is dreamy!
This Charred Corn Caprese Flatbread …
Caprese anything is a must have in my book. There is something refreshing, comforting, and delicious about tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil. But when you add all that onto a flatbread, mix it with charred corn fresh off the grill and then top it with a drizzle of sweet balsamic reduction … well that just takes dinner to a whole new level.
Everything about this Flatbread screams summer with the fresh basil, tomatoes, and grilled corn.
It’s fresh, light, easy to make, and comes together in less than 30 minutes. But more than anything the flavor combination is absolutely delicious! I guarantee it will be a keeper this summer!
Bon Appetit my friends!
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 pint assorted grape tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chiffoned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place corn on grill, grill each side for 2-4 minutes, or until char marks occur. Remove from grill and cut kernels off the cob.
- In the mean time, season tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss and place on the grill in a grill basket. Grill until tomatoes start to blister, about 4-6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place naan on a baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to each flatbread, evenly distribute minced garlic and blistered grape tomatoes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top each flatbread with charred corn kernels, fresh basil leaves, and drizzle with homemade balsamic reduction.
- Cut and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 a flatbread
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Vegetarian Recipes?