Paleo BLT Salmon Salad topped with a Creamy Avocado Dressing the perfect light healthy dinner recipe.
Paleo BLT Salmon Salad topped with a delicious creamy Avocado Dressing. The perfect light healthy dinner recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
You know what’s not fun. When you have a baby and said baby starts to have a little bit of reflux problems. So you, the mommy, end up going through burp cloths, baby clothes, bedding, swaddling blankets, baby clothes, mommy clothes and daddy clothes like crazy.
AND THEN YOU DON’T HAVE A DRYER!!!
That. That is not fun. The reflux I don’t mind as much, it’s a normal baby thing.
But the whole, not being able to do my laundry thing, when I desperately NEED to do my laundry!!!! That makes my postpartum brain want to go ape on the customer service person my husband is talking to on the phone. We have been out a dryer now for about 2 1/2 weeks.
The main beef I have is we bought a new refrigerator, washer and dryer when we moved into our home last April. So the appliances, which are all by the same brand, are not even a year old. As you know, our dryer no longer heats so I have to run one load at least 5-6 times in order to dry it. Basically I can’t do laundry. Our refrigerator doors do not line up, so when they are closed, one of them always looks like it’s open. Also, the fan is starting to go out. So when the refrigerator turns on to “cool” it makes a dripping noise for a minute and then starts to hum.
We’ve had said brands “tech” out to our house once and he didn’t fix either appliance, we’ve been on the phone multiple times and they have had absolutely horrible customer service. At one point they didn’t call us back for over a week and transferred our “service ticket” to someone else but that person never called. Then when my husband finally called in to see what the heck was going on, they didn’t have a response and scheduled the service time for 4 days later instead of trying to rush the appointment to satisfy some already upset customers.
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
They are lucky I have not been on the phone or they would have gotten a highly emotional postpartum woman who is overwhelmed with laundry, a dirty house, low on sleep and trying to take care of a two week old baby! Let’s just say that if the appliances are not fixed by next week I’ll definitely be outing the brand to all of you and telling you to steer clear!
What you should NOT steer clear of is this BLT Salmon Salad.
Even though there have been cooler temperatures going on this fall and winter season I am ready to start ushering in those warmer temperatures. The smell of spring and all things light and fresh. AKA Salad Season!
If you haven’t had seared Salmon on a bed of lettuce before you are in for a treat! I coated these Salmon fillets with a blackening spice rub and then seared them perfectly in the pan. Added some bacon, lettuce, tomato, a little red onion, bell pepper for crunch and then topped it with a homemade creamy avocado dressing.
AH-MAZING! You guys are going to be in love with this dish! I seriously cannot wait for you try it! I mean what’s not to love, it has the letters BLT is in it!
Bon Appetit friends!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: ¼lb of salmon + salad
- Calories: 396
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 699 mg
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
- 1 bunch of kale, torn and massaged
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked then roughly chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper, juilienned
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1lb. salmon, skin removed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- To a small food processor add: avocado, garlic clove, fresh cilantro, cumin, red pepper flakes, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth. (the dressing is a little thicker, just make sure it's not lumpy) Set aside.
- To a small bowl add garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, chipotle chili powder and ground black pepper. Give it a quick stir. Then season both sides of the salmon with the spice rub.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Make sure it is hot. Add grape seed oil to the pan then add salmon to the pan. Cook each side for 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness, so you get a nice sear on both sides.) Remove from heat and let sit.
- To a large bowl, add massaged kale (see notes) halved tomatoes, yellow pepper, red onion and crispy bacon. Top with blackened salmon.
- Serve with creamy avocado dressing.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Healthy Salad Recipes?