Paleo BLT Salmon Salad topped with a delicious creamy Avocado Dressing. The perfect light healthy dinner recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 bunch of kale, torn and massaged
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked then roughly chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper, juilienned
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1lb. salmon, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
Creamy Avocado Dressing:
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- To a small food processor add: avocado, garlic clove, fresh cilantro, cumin, red pepper flakes, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth. (the dressing is a little thicker, just make sure it’s not lumpy) Set aside.
- To a small bowl add garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, chipotle chili powder and ground black pepper. Give it a quick stir. Then season both sides of the salmon with the spice rub.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Make sure it is hot. Add grape seed oil to the pan then add salmon to the pan. Cook each side for 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness, so you get a nice sear on both sides.) Remove from heat and let sit.
- To a large bowl, add massaged kale (see notes) halved tomatoes, yellow pepper, red onion and crispy bacon. Top with blackened salmon.
- Serve with creamy avocado dressing.
How to Prep Kale: tear kale bunch into small pieces (being sure not to add the stem because it is fibrous and bitter), add a dash of sea salt to torn kale, using your hands massage the kale for 2-3 minutes. The greens will turn a dark forest green color and start to become fragrant, that’s when you know you’re done.
- Serving Size: 1/4lb of salmon + salad
- Calories: 396
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 699 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg