Fall perfection! This Blender Corn Chowder with Pan Seared Shrimp and Corn Relish has a few secret tricks up it’s sleeve. It’s healthy, full of bold flavors, fresh, done in 30 minutes and paleo! You’re gonna fall in love!
Have you ever been in love with an appliance before?
I haven’t. I have longed for a good blender for a while. I’ve gone through at least 3 blenders in 10 years, which seems like a lot. And I never get the consistency I want. Smoothies are never smooth, things are always chunky. And the worst part is the cleaning afterwards. UGhh… the cleaning.
If I could have any magical power, it would be to snap my fingers and have my kitchen be cleaned instantly. I’m soooo OVER cleaning pots, pans, cutting boards, knives, food processors, plates, cups, AND photography props! I just want to have someone come to my house and clean the kitchen everyday. Any takers?
Well, my days of chunky smoothies are over. I upgraded in the BEST most wonderful way possible. The Vitamix Professional Series 750 has all the tricks and whistles and ya’ll I couldn’t be more over the moon!
Does your blender make HOT … yes HOT soup?
Does it have a self clean program?
Does it pulverize its contents until they unrecognizable and turn into something magical?
Mine does!! It’s basically the work horse of my kitchen!
If I could put this blender in my purse and take it on vacation with me I would! I use this bad boy every single day, no joke! I use it for my post workout smoothie. I would dread using my other blenders because I despited cleaning it afterwards and would always end up with stuff stuck on blades.
Not this one. In fact, if you ask me, I would buy this blender for the SOLE reason that it cleans itself! (hands raised hallelujah)
But since it has a soup program I HAD to use it! I mean really … when was the last time you threw ingredients into a blender cold and came out with a steamy hot soup for the finished product?
Amazing …. right?!
I had to see it for myself … hence todays recipe – Blender Corn Chowder with Shrimp & Corn Relish! Ya’ll this soup is ridiculous! It’s smoky from the different spices, creamy from the coconut milk, has a little kick from the chili oil and is so light and fresh. To make it even more amazing I added some crunch to the soup by reserving some of the corn to make a corn relish and topped it with Pan Seared Shrimp! I guarantee you will fall in love with the flavors of this soup! It is perfectly comforting and guess what …. it’s paleo and done in less than 30 minutes!
But the best part is, you’re not slaving over the stove to reach soup perfection! It’s all done in the blender! It was pretty crazy to add all my soup ingredients to the blender, turn it to the Soup Program Mode and then have hot soup 8 minutes later.
I can’t wait for you to try this soup! It’s gonna be a favorite this fall! A little bit of sweet, a little bit of spice, a little bit of creamy and a whole lot of comfort!
But hold up … I can’t just brag on my new blender this whole post and NOT give you an opportunity to get one. That would just be cruel and unusual punishment! And I’m just not into that kinda stuff.
All you have to do is enter for a chance to win. Do it … do it now the contest ends in a week!!!
And then go get 3 more recipes to make while you’re at it! 🙂
Lindsay from Cotter Crunch – Spicy Almond Chicken Pho
Taylor from Food Faith Fitness – Coconut Curry Soup with Sweet Potato Noodles
Gerry from Foodness Gracious – Roasted Eggplant Soup with Feta & Portobello Mushrooms
** This recipe and giveaway were sponsored by Vitamix. As always all opinions are 100% mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats. **Print
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups sweet corn kernels, cut off the cob (about 4-5 ears of corn)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- garnish with: cilantro and green onions, and Chili Oil
- Add shrimp garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and salt into a small bowl. Gently toss so you coat the shrimp with the spice mixture. Set aside.
- Add corn and water to a microwave safe glass bowl. Cover.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Drain the water from the corn.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of corn. Place in a bowl and add diced roasted red pepper, and cilantro. Season with salt and set aside.
- Add remaining corn, vegetable stock, garlic clove, red onion, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper to Vitamix Pro Series Blender, cover and turn the Soup Cycle on. This will last for about 7-8 minutes and will turn off when it’s done.
- Remove the cover, turn the blender on speed 1 and slowly add the coconut milk in. Gradually move up to speed 4 and blend for 2 minutes. (soup will be HOT)
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add Shrimp to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve soup in a bowl, top with corn relish and shrimp. Garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions, and a splash of chili oil for some heat.
- Serving Size: 6 oz soup + shrimp & relish
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 847 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 87 mg
YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!