- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups sweet corn kernels, cut off the cob (about 4–5 ears of corn)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- garnish with: cilantro and green onions, and Chili Oil
- Add shrimp garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and salt into a small bowl. Gently toss so you coat the shrimp with the spice mixture. Set aside.
- Add corn and water to a microwave safe glass bowl. Cover.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Drain the water from the corn.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of corn. Place in a bowl and add diced roasted red pepper, and cilantro. Season with salt and set aside.
- Add remaining corn, vegetable stock, garlic clove, red onion, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper to Vitamix Pro Series Blender, cover and turn the Soup Cycle on. This will last for about 7-8 minutes and will turn off when it’s done.
- Remove the cover, turn the blender on speed 1 and slowly add the coconut milk in. Gradually move up to speed 4 and blend for 2 minutes. (soup will be HOT)
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add Shrimp to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve soup in a bowl, top with corn relish and shrimp. Garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions, and a splash of chili oil for some heat.
- Serving Size: 6 oz soup + shrimp & relish
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 847 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 87 mg