Nothing screams summer like fresh berries! This Very Banana Berry Crumble is loaded with bananas, 3 different kinds of berries and topped with a buttery crunchy crumble for the ULTIMATE dessert!
So apparently me spilling coffee on a perfectly white shirt is a thing now. And of course, I don’t do it at home where I can change shirts. Oh no… that would make things easier. It’s while I’m out working and don’t have a change of clothes so I get to walk around like that the rest of the day.
Right now I’m out working away at Barnes & Noble feverishly trying to get some posts done so I don’t have to worry about it while I’m on vacation!!! Yippee!
Where am I going you ask? Well Sonoma .. Napa Valley. To the WINE country ya’ll and I can’t wait!
To be honest I wasn’t really into wine a few years ago … well drinking anything for that matter. I grew up around alochol and my mom struggled with a drinking problem for years so I think part of me was fearful it would happen to me so I just steered clear. But as I got older I started to get more comfortable with it. Then we took a trip to Napa Valley for my 30th birthday and I fell in LOVE with wine!
Once you learn the process, how to taste the different things in it, and how the flavor profile changes with different foods the intrigue grows and quickly turns into a passion. I highly recommend going to a wine class or just a tasting room some time, it’s fun and a great date night!
Ok, I digress. Let’s move onto this Very Banana Berry Crumble shall we?
Have you ever had a Banana Crumble?
I didn’t really know it was a thing until I ordered it at a restaurant, it kinda tastes like Banana Fosters but with a crunchy topping … it’s AH-MAZING. And let’s be honest the crunchy topping is the best part! You know you try to hoard it for yourself!
This Crumble has a gorgeous combination of fresh berries for a nice tartness to compliment the bananas perfectly.
I’ve always thought that berries were the star of summer desserts and this recipe definitely proves that point! They shine in this dish and are to die for with the crumble mixture! But shine even more topped with a scoop of ice cream that starts to melt over the entire dish!
This is a must try and whips up in literally 5 minutes, plus it leaves your house smelling like dessert heaven and who doesn’t want that!
Bon Appetit my friends!Print
- coconut oil (to grease pan)
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9″ cast iron skillet with coconut oil. (or you could use a 8×8 baking dish)
- In a large bowl add strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, lemon juice, and honey. Gently toss.
- Line the bottom of skillet with sliced bananas. Pour the berry mixture on top. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add whole wheat flour, regular oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and chilled diced butter.
- Using your hands or a pastry blender, incorporated the chilled butter to the mixture until it is slightly crumbly. Add the crumble mixture ontop of the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until crumble is browned and filling is bubbled over.
- Serve plain or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!