Nothing screams summer like fresh berries! This easy Banana Berry Crumble is loaded with bananas, 3 different kinds of berries and topped with a buttery crunchy crumble for the best summer dessert!
- coconut oil (to grease pan)
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9″ cast iron skillet with coconut oil. (or you could use a 8×8 baking dish)
- In a large bowl add strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, lemon juice, and honey. Gently toss.
- Line the bottom of skillet with sliced bananas. Pour the berry mixture on top. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add whole wheat flour, regular oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and chilled diced butter.
- Using your hands or a pastry blender, incorporated the chilled butter to the mixture until it is slightly crumbly. Add the crumble mixture ontop of the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until crumble is browned and filling is bubbled over.
- Serve plain or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: berry crisp recipe, recipe for berry crisp, healthy berry crisp, mixed berry crisp, berry crumble, berry crumble recipe, recipe for berry crumble, mixed berry crumble, berry dessert, banana dessert