Loaded Sweet Potato Wedges, baked until crispy then covered with gooey cheese, crispy bacon and scallions.
Loaded Sweet Potato Wedges, baked until crispy then covered with gooey cheese, crispy bacon and scallions. Appetizer. Side Dish. Main Dish. You decide! These loaded potato wedges are delicious, easy to make and perfect for game day!
Instagram stories are going to be the death of me. I could sit on my phone for hours just watching them, one after the other. Such a time sucker. But when I’m bored or can’t think of what to write (ahem… that is me right now) my “go to” time filler is Instagram stories. And then 20 minutes later I have done nothing. Interacted with no one and gotten absolutely nothing accomplished.
At least if I was putting my own Instagram story together I would have something to show for my lost 20 minutes. But no. I just binge watch one story after the other. Heaven help me!
I think lately what has been hard, is I’m trying to “get ahead” work wise so that I’m ready for the baby come January. My goal is to be at least two months out so that I have content created, written, and ready to be posted. Smoothie bowls in October anyone?
I started my blog when Cason was about 9 months. I know how crazy and hard it can be to run a blog AND be mommy to a baby at the same time. So I am trying to get as far ahead as I can. The problem is, I see that I’m ahead and my mind starts to wander instead of focusing on knocking out another post so I can mark another day off the calendar.
Ugh.. the struggle is real!
Now I have another struggle.
I’m officially addicted to these Baked Loaded Sweet Potato Wedges. Here’s the funny thing. I made these potato wedges for my husbands fantasy draft a couple of weeks ago. They sounded good to me, I mean basically anything with bacon and cheese is gonna be good right? But I never tried them.
The guys pretty much demolished every appetizer I made. But at the end of the night when I was cleaning up, I saw two lone wedges left. So I tried them, cold and all. Y’all these wedges are a total game changer!
The sweetness from the sweet potatoes combined with the salty from the bacon and then the melted gooey cheese.
Yup, basically I could have made these wedges a meal.
I will definitely be making these again the next game day party we have at the house. They couldn’t be easier to make and totally deliver on flavor using minimal ingredients! I hope these grace your table sooner rather than later!
Bon Appetit friends and happy Monday!
- Serves: 8-10
- Serving size: 2-3 wedges
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 457 mg
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges (you'll get about 8 wedges per sweet potato)
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of cooked bacon, diced
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- optional: serve with ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To a large bowl, add sweet potato wedges. Drizzle with olive oil.
- To a small bowl, add sea salt, garlic powder and ancho chili powder. Add spice mixture to sweet potato bowl. Toss sweet potatoes to coat with olive oil and spices.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes skin side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 3 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Sweet Potato Recipes?