LOADED SWEET POTATO WEDGES, baked until crispy then covered with gooey cheese, crispy bacon and scallions. Appetizer. Side Dish. Main Dish. You decide!
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges (you’ll get about 8 wedges per sweet potato)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of cooked bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- optional: serve with ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To a large bowl, add sweet potato wedges. Drizzle with olive oil.
- To a small bowl, add sea salt, garlic powder and ancho chili powder. Add spice mixture to sweet potato bowl. Toss sweet potatoes to coat with olive oil and spices.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes skin side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 3 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
- Serving Size: 2-3 wedges
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 457 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Keywords: game day food, game day appetizer recipe, party appetizer recipe