The dessert of your summer dreams! Mini Goat Cheese Cheesecake – it’s fluffy, light, super creamy with a slight hint of lemon then topped with a homemade Lemon Blueberry Compote that will blow your mind!
Well guys, it’s the first Monday without the Bachelorette.
I don’t know about you, but I need something to pick my spirits up. The good news is Bachelor in Paradise is on, and that’s always sure to bring some drama. But just in case that doesn’t do the trick, this Goat Cheese Cheesecake will!
That’s right, you heard me right! GOAT CHEESE Cheesecake!
Goat Cheese is flippin awesome, so why not put it in a cheesecake. Or at least that is the thought I had!!! Makes perfect sense to me, it’s the same consistency as cream cheese so it should work.
Well, guess what?!? It sooo does!!!
This past Saturday was my dad’s birthday. He is a cheesecake LOVER …. well really, he’s a anything dessert lover. But cheesecake is his absolute favorite!
Ahem.. I follow in his footsteps. 🙂
We even had cheesecake as our wedding cake and it was the BEST cake ever!!!!
But back to this Cheesecake. Because it was my dad’s birthday, I wanted to bring him a cake .. and one that I KNOW he would love. My plan was to take it to their house, but unfortunately I forgot it … I guess we’ll just have to eat the whole thing ourselves. hehehe.
Don’t worry, we still had cheesecake for his birthday it was just a cheesecake factory cheesecake. But honestly, this one was WAY BETTER .. and I’m not just saying that because I made it.
This Cheesecake has so many different dimensions. The Goat Cheese is creamy but a little tangy. The cheesecake mixture turns into this luscious, light, fluffy, dreamy mixture that is slightly sweet from some honey, with a hint of vanilla extract and fresh lemon zest! Honestly, the cheesecake itself is absolutely outstanding but since blueberries are all over the supermarket I made a homemade lemon blueberry compote to tie everything together.
Ya’ll. O. M. G. !!!!!
I promise it is LOVE at first bite!
Bon Appetit sweet friends!
- 2 cups ground graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place five 4x4 mini cheesecake springform pans on a baking sheet. Grease with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add ground graham crackers, butter, and ground cinnamon. Using a fork, blend everything together.
- Add ⅓ cup of graham cracker mixture into each pan. Press into the bottom.
- In a stand mixer, add goat cheese, cream cheese, greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Using the paddle attachment, blend until smooth and creamy and the mixture looks light and fluffy.
- Evenly distribute the cheesecake mixture among the 5 springform pans.
- Place baking sheet with springform pans in the oven. Add 2 cups of water to the baking sheet (this will help make sure the cheesecakes don't break)
- Bake for 35 minutes. Turn the oven off, open the door and leave the cheesecakes in the oven for an additional hour.
- Remove and place cheesecakes in the refrigerator to cool.
- To a small sauce pan, add blueberries, lemon juice, honey, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stirring throughout. Cook until blueberries are cooked down. Remove from heat and place in refrigerator to cool down.
- Serve the cheesecake topped with lemon blueberry compote mixture.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!