THYME BLACKBERRY MARGARITAS, as gorgeous as they are delicious! This is one smooth margarita with a hint of citrus, blackberry flavor and subtle notes of fresh thyme! You’re gonna fall in love!
Today is the best day ever on the calendar! It’s NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY!!! Cheers, clink, hurray!
So of course I just HAD to post a Margarita recipe! And ya’ll I worked hard on this one.
I tested this recipe at least three times and the first three didn’t even work!!! Boo… Hiss! Don’t get me wrong. I still drank them, but they didn’t taste like I wanted them too.
I started out by muddling the blackberries with some lime juice and fresh thyme. Fail number one. The blackberry taste was so subtle and you couldn’t even tell there was thyme in it. It tasted more citrusy to me.
The second round I made a blackberry puree added water and thyme to it, blended it some more and then strained it. I added that mix to my base margarita mix. Ugh… still not good enough. It still had an overpowering citrus taste.
Third round. I added the same homemade blackberry juice, added some fresh blackberries, muddled them and added a simple syrup. Fail.
Ya’ll. I almost gave up.
Lucky for you my personality is as such when I run into something like this, I get pissed, plant my feet in the ground (I’m a little stubborn) and say “bring it.” (insert girl power emoji) I WILL FIGURE IT OUT!!!!
And guess what. I did. I was going to add a Blackberry Liquor to the mix instead of Grand Marnier, but if I’m being honest I was too lazy to run to the grocery store again. So instead I make a homemade blackberry simple syrup.
BINGO!!! We have a winner!
The winning combination was the blackberry juice, blackberry simple syrup, and my ultimate margarita blend with a few thyme leaves sprinkled on top.
I will tell ya, this recipe is a little more work than most of my other cocktail recipes, but ya’ll it’s so worth it!
You get a smooth tequila taste, citrus up front, blackberry on the end and a hint of thyme! It’s seriously divine and the perfect way to celebrate National Margarita Day!
So cheers! Stay thirsty my friends!
PS. my little hint on National Margarita Day is check out those Mexican Restaurants, they are usually running deals to celebrate today too! Woohoo!
This is one smooth margarita with a hint of citrus, blackberry flavor and subtle notes of fresh thyme! You’re gonna fall in love!
Blackberry Simple Syrup:
- 6 oz. fresh blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 oz. fresh blackberries
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 1 cup water
Thyme Blackberry Margarita Recipe
- 1 cup grand marnier
- 1 cup blackberry simple syrup
- 2 cups of tequila
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups of blackberry juice
- extra fresh thyme leaves for garnish on top
- For the Blackberry Simple Syrup: add 6 oz. of fresh blackberries, water, and sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Using a fork or wooden spoon, smash the blackberries. Let simmer for 2-3 more minutes. Strain the mixture so as to remove the blackberry seeds. Place blackberry simple syrup in the refrigerator to cool.
- For the Blackberry Juice: add 6 oz. of fresh blackberries and fresh thyme leaves to a food processor. Blend until pureed. Add water to the mixture. Blend more until combined. Pour mixture through a mesh strainer and press juice through. Set aside.
- To a pitcher add, grand marnier, 1 cup blackberry simple syrup, tequila, fresh lime juice, 1 1/2 cups of blackberry juice. Stir.
- Pour mixture over ice and garnish with fresh thyme leaves (stronger encouraged to enhance the thyme flavor)
- Serving Size: 6 oz.
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 14 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 mg
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: margarita drink, homemade margarita, margarita on the rocks
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Cocktail Recipes?