Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken & Vegetables a meal that’s healthy, easy, absolutely delicious, only 30 minutes and such an easy clean up!
I know that it’s Meatless Monday, but you know me. When am I ever one to stick to the rules?
So today is all about Sheet Pan Meals!
Have you ever made a sheet pan meal before?
Apparently it is suppose to be the new “fade”… or at least that’s what the Food Network is saying. Which we all know is the food “authority” … so I thought I’d give it a try. One pot meals were the rave last year, and they were pretty cool but I never tried it. So this year I was determined to do the sheet pan thing.
Ya’ll … it’s AWESOME!
I think I might just turn JHE into a sheet pan blog. It’s healthy, easy, freakin delicious and such an easy clean up! Plus anything that’s made in one pan where all the flavors get to cook together is sure to be a winner!
For this sheet pan meal I thought I would channel my inner autumn self. So I put on a pair of boots, wrapped a scarf around my neck and ….. NOOOO I didn’t do that. It’s 100 degrees outside here in Texas. I just bought a butternut squash and went to it!
The key to this dish is making sure all the vegetables are cut the same size. If you ensure they are the same size they will all cook evenly and everything will be done around the same time.
The best part about this dish is the Honey Mustard glaze that has two different kinds mustards. I slathered it all over the chicken but as it cooks in the oven it starts to spread its gooey deliciousness all over the vegetables. The vegetables will be caramelized on the outside and soft on the inside. To say it’s addicting is an understatement.
I made this dish early in the day … we still had about 2 hours before dinner but I couldn’t help myself. I just kept sneaking vegetables the entire two hours! They were like glorious candy .. but healthy for you!
You are going to love this dish! The flavors are incredible, it can be made ahead of time, but even if you choose not to it still only takes 30 minutes to make!
Bon Appetit my friends. I hope its a great start to your week!
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken & Vegetables
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken & Vegetables is an easy and healthy 30-minute meal full of caramelized veggies and tender chicken!
- 24 oz. bite size assorted potatoes (yukon, red, and purple)
- 3 carrots, cut into 1“
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters
- 2 red peppers, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1.5 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, red onion, red pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using your hands gently toss to coat everything with.
- Spread vegetables out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place chicken breasts on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl, add honey, stone ground mustard, olive oil, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, fresh thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Using a whisk, stir everything together to form a sauce.
- Generously brush the sauce on the chicken breasts until none is left.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broiler on HIGH and broil the chicken to give it a nice browning on top for 3-5 minutes. (chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees in order to serve)
- Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
- Note: depending on the thickness of the chicken, cooking times may vary
Keywords: sheet pan chicken, easy chicken dinner, honey mustard chicken
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Comforting Chicken Recipes?
Easy Chicken Marsala with Blistered Tomatoes
Lighter Baked Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini Noodles
HUGE hit!!! I’m not a butternut squash fan but loved this! I don’t eat chicken so I replaced it with turkey tenderloins and it was SO good! This will definitely be a staple for us!
Loved this! Very tasty. Chicken was delicious! No changes necessary. Will be a regular in our meal plans Thanks for a great recipe! 10/10.
wooohoo! So glad to hear it Brenda!