Easy Chicken Marsala with Blistered Tomatoes
Ugh… I cannot seem to focus to sit down and write this post. I keep getting sucked into facebook or instagram, or trying to find a new tight end to draft for my fantasty football league because the guy I have sucks!
Someone paallleeeeasse help!
I am finding that if I don’t start working with all possible distractions turned off and removed from my reach then I can easily grab my phone, turn on the tv, or pull out the latest Food & Wine Magazine instead of doing what I am suppose to be doing! Do you seem to have those issues?
This past week I feel like I have not been as productive with time as I usually am. After all, I have a short window to get all my stuff done in so I NEED to be productive, I don’t really have a choice. Unless you want bipolar zombie Krista walking around but I don’t think anyone wants that.
All that to say I think the main reason I am not getting my work done in a timely fashion is because I am easily distracted as of late. Sooooo as a way to be “less distracted” I am going to do the following.
Write out my tasks for the day on my Whitney English Planner. Turn my phone to silent and put it in a place where I have to get up to go and get it. Make sure my email is closed, and make sure that facebook and instagram are closed. When I am writing I am going to work in “distraction free mode” so I can’t click to see what sweet comments ya’ll are making until I am finished with the task at hand. I am going to take back control of my work time. No more elongating the time it should take me to finish a post, which is about a hour and a half to, to three to four hours! That is just ridiculous!
In the words of Mister Miagi… “Focus Daniel Son”
I write all this out to hold myself accountable. A goal isn’t a goal until it is on paper … errrr the web! haha
Ok, onto today’s recipe, this Chicken Marsala with Blistered Tomatoes. Why blistered tomatoes you ask? Well, why not?!?
This Easy Chicken Marsala dish is light, takes 30 minutes to make, is gluten free, and freakin tasty! I forgot how much I liked Chicken Marsala until I made this dish. The earthiness from the Mushrooms combined with the sweet Marsala wine and butter is absolutely addicting. Next time I plan on doubling the Marsala Mushroom part of this dish because it’s that good!
Think about it, anything cooked in butter and covered in wine is going to be one outrageous dish! The flavor from the blistered sweet cherry tomatoes takes this dish up a notch. You could serve this with a side salad, over some gluten free pasta, or along side some mashed potatoes. Either one this is one insanely comforting dish that your family is going to devour in minutes!
Bon Appetite my friends!Print
Chicken Marsala with Blistered Tomatoes takes only 30 minutes to prepare. This dish is light, gluten free, and freakin tasty! Believe me, your family will fall in love!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 20 oz. mixed mushrooms (cremini, shitake, baby bella), sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/4 cup arrow root
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (pounded out to 1″ thick)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- handful of fresh diced parsley
- salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add in the butter and diced red onions. Saute for about 1-2 minutes. Add in the sliced mushrooms and saute until browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the thyme and garlic, stir and saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Next add in the marsala wine. Stir to mix everything together. Let the liquid reduce by half.
- In the meantime, pound out chicken breasts to be about 1″ thick (this will help cook the chicken evenly). I also cut my chicken into approximate 4 oz pieces so that they were smaller.
- Add the chicken to a large ziplock bag with the arrowroot, dry parsley, dry oregano, garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Close the ziplock bag and move the chicken around so that all pieces are completely coated.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add in the olive oil and coated chicken breast. Brown the chicken breasts on each side, about 4-5 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through.
- To the mushroom mixture, add in the unsweetened cashew milk. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour mushroom mixture over the chicken breast pan. Add in cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Salt to taste.
Recipe inspired by Pinch of Yum
- Serving Size: 4 oz chicken + sauce
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 496 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: easy chicken marsala recipe, best chicken marsala recipe, how to make chicken marsala, easy chicken marsala, chicken pasta dish, chicken pasta recipe, best chicken pasta recipe
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!