- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 20 oz. mixed mushrooms (cremini, shitake, baby bella), sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/4 cup arrow root
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (pounded out to 1″ thick)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- handful of fresh diced parsley
- salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add in the butter and diced red onions. Saute for about 1-2 minutes. Add in the sliced mushrooms and saute until browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the thyme and garlic, stir and saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Next add in the marsala wine. Stir to mix everything together. Let the liquid reduce by half.
- In the meantime, pound out chicken breasts to be about 1″ thick (this will help cook the chicken evenly). I also cut my chicken into approximate 4 oz pieces so that they were smaller.
- Add the chicken to a large ziplock bag with the arrowroot, dry parsley, dry oregano, garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Close the ziplock bag and move the chicken around so that all pieces are completely coated.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add in the olive oil and coated chicken breast. Brown the chicken breasts on each side, about 4-5 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through.
- To the mushroom mixture, add in the unsweetened cashew milk. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour mushroom mixture over the chicken breast pan. Add in cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Salt to taste.
Recipe inspired by Pinch of Yum
- Serving Size: 4 oz chicken + sauce
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 496 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg