Shaved Zucchini Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is a light & healthy summer salad made with fresh ingredients!
Shaved Zucchini Asparagus Salad loaded with raw greens, radishes, almonds & parmesan then tossed with a Lemon Vinaigrette. This light summer salad focuses on real ingredients and bringing out complex flavors!
Lately I’ve been listening to podcasts and going through a series about food photography.
When I started Joyful Healthy Eats I knew that I loved to cook and wanted to share those recipes online. I also wanted to be able to share my heart, basically our journey through life and how we handle those bumps. Kinda like a ministry of feeding your stomachs and your souls!
It’s been almost 5 years now, which is absolutely crazy for me to think about. And over the years I’ve noticed certain passions come to the surface.
- I love photography. I love creating beautiful images. I love learning how to improve those photos.
- I love health & fitness. I work out probably 5-6 times a week. I love it. It makes me sane and a better human. I grew up in the gym and actually majored in Sports Wellness & Management. I’m realizing that I need to start sharing more of that on my blog. It’s who I am. It’s what makes me uniquely me and I want to share that with you!
- I love simple foods and creating incredibly flavorful recipes. Cooking is my happy place. If I’m in the kitchen creating a new recipe I’m thriving. If it turns out good. I literally do a happy dance in the kitchen. Cooking is amazing to me, by adding a little of this or that you can come up with something that tastes good and here’s the kicker.. nourishes your body!
- I’m passionate about people believing the best in themselves. Not believing the lies that the world tells us, but embracing who God has created us to be!
All of these things make me who I am. And over the past couple of days, through listening to podcasts I’m realizing that I need to make all of those elements part of my “brand.”
AKA …. Joyful Healthy Eats
It’s exciting, overwhelming and inspiring to think about.
I feel like I’m coming back into my own. The core of who I am, instead of just pumping out content for people to read. Writing about the things that make me come alive and making this blog of mine something I am truly proud of.
Ok, moving on to todays recipe —> this Shaved Zucchini Asparagus Salad filled with fresh arugula, almonds, radishes and salty parmesan then tossed with a Lemon Vinaigrette.
When I made this recipe I was inspired by a photo I saw in Food & Wine magazine. I loved how the ribboned zucchini fell on the plate and how fresh light and simple it looked. That is what I was aiming for when I created this salad.
This Asparagus Salad to me represents the fresh bounty of the summer. It’s filled with all things green and all in their raw state. I shaved the raw asparagus with a vegetable peeler (a little daunting… but hey it’s kinda like therapeutic) and then did the same thing with the zucchini but they came out more like fun little ribbons. Then added those ribbons to a bowl with spicy arugula, spicy radishes, salty parmesan and then raw sliced almonds. For the finishing touch I tossed everything with a light lemon vinaigrette.
This Salad would be perfect served along side some grilled salmon or add a little chicken to the top and make it a main dish. It’s perfect for a light healthy summer dish, especially served with a glass of chilled white wine.
Bon Appetit friends!
Shaved Zucchini Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salads
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Shaved Zucchini Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is a light & healthy summer salad. Made with fresh ingredients & loaded with flavor!
- 1 1/2 cups shaved asparagus
- 2 large zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 2 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons raw sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Shave both the asparagus and zucchini using a vegetable peeler.
- To a large bowl add shaved asparagus, zucchini ribbons, arugula, shaved parmesan, radishes and raw almonds. Set aside.
- To small bowl add mustard, honey, garlic clove, champagne vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Using a whisk mix everything together until the dressing is emulsified. (the vinegar and oil no longer separate)
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 94 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy salads, easy salads, asparagus salad, zucchini salad, zucchini recipes, asparagus recipes
Want More Healthy Side Dish Salad Recipes?
Roasted Beet Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
Cherry Summer Kale Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Crowd pleaser!!!! I used the 3x button to make this for fourteen at our first post-covid vaccine gathering. I only had really young thin asparagus so I ended up julliening them by hand, then I macerated them in the dressing for about two hours before tossing them with the shredded zucchini and topping with the parm and almonds. Didn’t have arugula or radishes, but they weren’t missed. No leftovers. Dressing was a perfect blend of flavors! Definitely adding to my favorites. I skimmed some of your other recipes and I’m sure I’ll be trying them. Bonus: my horse loved all the zucchini centers.
I love the 3x button!! It just makes it so much easier! I am so glad this recipe was a hit! The perfect light summer salad/side dish!
As usual, another great recipe. So fresh and inviting, a major hit. Use larger asparagus as thin ones make ribbon tricky.
All my guests have requested for me to make this again. Thank you.
Thank you! I am so glad the guests loved it!
I love how gorgeous this shaved zucchini is! I can’t wait to try it with the lemon vinaigrette.
My favorite summer lunch! I love how fresh this is!
This looks so good! I have to make it this weekend I think! Love the flavors and textures you have!
Such a gorgeous DELICIOUS looking salad!
This is my kind of salad!! Its light, fresh and incredibly delicious!! YUM!!
Love all the fresh ingredients in this salad. It is perfect for hot summer days.
GREAT idea! Looks so fresh and flavorful!