Roasted Veggie Balsamic Chicken Grain Bowls – an easy meal prep recipe with 28 grams of protein and less than 350 calories a serving!
Gluten Free Roasted Veggie Balsamic Chicken Grain Bowls – an easy meal prep recipe or weeknight dinner for the week. Loads of veggies, light, flavorful, easy to make with 28 grams of protein and less than 350 calories a serving!
Sometimes I literally feel like I can’t think until I have a cup of coffee. Well, maybe I can think. But my mind doesn’t stay focused on the task at hand. It’s almost like I have A.D.D.
I just sit in front of my computer screen, knowing that I need to write something. But nothing comes to me. So I get distracted and start searching for dinnerware sets or flatware settings. (those are some of the things that are on our “shopping list” for the house.)
Mike and I have a list in Evernote (which is a task list app) that has all of the items we want to get to “finish” off the house. We’ve had the same dinnerware for probably 4 years and the same flatware for at least 10 years. It’s time for a new set.
I think I realized that more than ever the other night. We had some friends over for dinner and I was serving up my 15 minute Filet Mignon that I made. I grabbed one plate, put the steak on it and topped it with a homemade compound herb butter. Then grabbed the next one and did the same thing. I grabbed another plate and when I was getting ready to put the steak on it I realized I only had half a plate!!
The other half was still on the counter. No crash, bang or breaking noise. I just picked up the plate and the other half didn’t come with it. Needless to say it’s time to get new dinnerware. Target brand you’ve served us well, but it’s time to upgrade!
Speaking of upgrade. Since I upgraded my tupperware to this Pyrex glass containers I’ve found myself making more meal prep recipes. Not only is it nice to have meals already made in the refrigerator. But they just look pretty stacked. 🙂 It’s the simple things in life lately.
I hope you’ve been enjoying the meal prep recipes as much as I’ve enjoyed making them! Have you tried the Thai Chicken Grain Bowl with Peanut Dressing yet? If not, get to it! Then make these Roasted Veggie Balsamic Chicken Grain Bowls.
Not only does the bowl look like you’re eating the rainbow with all the veggies. But everything is made on one pan with minimal ingredients, thrown in the oven and then cooked together.
Then all you have to do is portion out the rice, veggies and chicken. I made a light balsamic dressing for this as well and instead of marinading everything in the dressing, I decided to keep it on the side. That way when you warm everything up to eat it, you can top it with the dressing and revive the dish so it’s not dry. It’s absolutely perfect and filled with simple, fresh and light flavors! I know you’re going to love it!
Don’t want to use this as meal prep dish for the week? It also makes a great quick weeknight dinner! And is one of the best ways to get your kids to eat veggies. They can help you put the veggies on the baking sheet to make it look like a rainbow and will have more fun eating them.
Cason wasn’t a fan of broccoli before, but roasted and dipped in a balsamic dressing he was definitely more ok with it than ever before. Which is saying something! He even ate the red onions!
Bon Appetit friends and happy almost FEBRUARY! AHHH!!
* This post does contain affiliate links, I use these links because I value the products and believe in them 100% and would like to share that with you! Thank you for supporting Joyful Healthy Eats. **
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 grain bowl
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 287 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1½ cups quartered red onion
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced
- 2 orange bell peppers, quartered
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To a baking sheet add the following in rows: cubed chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, orange bell pepper, yellow squash, broccoli florets, quartered red onion. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from oven and let sit.
- To a small bowl add dijon mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Slowly add in the olive oil and whisk until the dressing starts to thicken.
- Assemble 4 meal prep bowls: add ½ cup cooked brown rice to each bowl, evenly distribute the roasted veggies and chicken to each bowl. When ready to eat top with a drizzle of the balsamic dressing.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Quick & Easy Recipes?