Indulgent Raspberry Amaretto Semifreddo, it’s everything ice cream wishes it could be – light, creamy, and airy. This dessert is perfect for the summer and you’ll love the secret sauce nestled inside every bite!
There are few condiments that I will eat with just a spoon. Peanut Butter is one of them….. Chocolate Sauce …. Nutella.
But the past few weeks I’ve had to add a new one to the list, Raspberry Amaretto Preserves by Robert Rothschild Farm.
H O L Y H A N N A H is this stuff good!
Honestly I thought it would taste like any other jam … but OHHH NO!
I took one bite and was in love. It was bursting with fresh raspberry flavor, slightly sweet with the perfect amount of Amaretto to push this jam over the top! My mouth is salivating just thinking of it, luckily I have two more jars left … and I may hoard them so I can secretly eat them. (and so my husband doesn’t beat me to it… we’ve literally been fighting over it … it’s that good)
The first recipe I made with these Raspberry Amaretto Preserves was a Black Forest Cake… and let me tell you, it was to die for! It was actually for Cason’s birthday party! I made a three tiered Chocolate Cake filled with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting and then each layer had a generous portion of this Preserve in it. OMG! I was licking my spoon and my plate .. and the serving platter! But enough about that recipe, how about the one you’re looking at!
This Raspberry Amaretto Semifreddo … what’s a Semifreddo you ask!? Well it’s a semi frozen Italian dessert, it kinda has the texture of frozen mousse. It is incredibly light to eat and perfectly sweet. In fact my husband kept saying “it’s so good but every time I take a bite it just disappears in my mouth… it’s so mind blowing-ly good!” And then he took another bite.
Most Semifreddo’s are made with heavy cream, however, I made this one dairy free by using Coconut Milk and instead of sugar I used honey. The process for this dessert is a little intricate, which typically isn’t my “thang” but believe me … it is SOOOOO worth it! Put your apron on and enjoy the process because when it’s time to indulge you will be amazed at the results!
The Semifreddo itself is insanely delicious, I have honestly never had another dessert like it! But what puts this one over the top is the Raspberry Amaretto Preserves nestled inside every bite!
These Preserves are just one of the many incredible flavor combinations that Robert Rothschild Farm has come up with. Rothschild Farms was established in 1984, they make all of their products from scratch and are able to manufacture everything on site in their 51,000 square foot facility. All of their flavor combinations are original, insanely flavorful, and 100% homemade!
After indulging in the Raspberry Amaretto Preserves I already have a list of the products I want to try next. And believe me, they are not your run of the mill plain jane Strawberry Jelly. Oh no, they go big or go home. For example, here’s what is on my MUST try list: Citrus Chardonnay Sauce, Peach Mango Habanero Sauce, Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila Sauce, Sweet & Spicy Bourbon BBQ Sauce, Whiskey Pepper Cream Sauce, Chocolate S’mores Dip, Balsamic Caramelized Onion Spread, Smoky Fig & Roasted Garlic Spread .. these are just a few. Clearly you can see I have a mounding list!
I am blown away impressed with this company and have already told my husband that he needs to order Christmas Gift Baskets from them to hand out to his vendors. I guarantee it will be the BEST gift they’ve received in a while!
Ok, I digress, back to the recipe.
In my humble opinion Semifreddo is going to be the new star dessert of the summer. You barely feel like you ate anything but know 100% that what you did eat was absolutely amazing! This Semifreddo is everything ice cream wishes it could be! I hope you give it a try.
I G U A R A N T E E this dessert will blow your mind and you’ll never be the same again. How do I know? Because I speak from experience!
Bon Appetit sweet friends!
** I received product and payment for this post. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats. **
- Serves: 8-10 slices
- Serving size: 1 slice
- 6 eggs, separated
- 5 tablespoons of raw honey
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (it will separate into cream on top and water on the bottom)
- ½ cup Robert Rothschild Raspberry Amaretto Preserves
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave some of the parchment paper hanging over the edges, this will make it simple to remove the semifreddo once it's frozen.
- In a large bowl, add egg yolks, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of honey using an electric hand mixer, whisk until thick and creamy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric hand mixer whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. (about 3-5 minutes) Slowly add the 2 tablespoons of honey.
- In last bowl, using an electric hand mixer whisk the chilled coconut cream (just scoop out the cream from the can leaving the coconut water), 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of honey until slightly thickened. (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add ⅓ of the egg white mixture into the coconut cream, and fold until the mixture is combined. Add the remaining egg white mixture and fold in. Finish with folding in the egg yolk mixture. Be very careful when folding so the egg whites don't break.
- Pour ⅓ of the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, spread ¼ cup of Raspberry Amaretto Preserves out, add ⅓ mixture of coconut cream mixture, spread out the remaining Raspberry Amaretto Preserves, and finish with the remaining coconut cream mixture. Cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap and place in freezer overnight.
- Before serving, remove the semifreddo from the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. To serve, place a plate on top of the loaf pan and flip the loaf pan upside down. Gently remove the semifreddo, garnish with fresh raspberries
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!