*This post is sponsored by Walkers Shortbread, but all opinions are 100% mine! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats.*
This Grilled Peach Shortcake is a fun twist on a classic strawberry shortcake recipe. Filled with buttery shortbread, grilled peaches, and coconut whipped cream – a sure winner this summer!
Happy Monday! Can you believe that later this week will be July? And more importantly July 4th! We are officially past the mid point of the year which means the holiday season of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas is creeping closer and closer!
When did that happen!? Sheesh!
Before we start to get carried away with halloween candy and jingle bells lets bring it back to the fact that we are almost in July shall we?
When I think of July what comes to mind is fireworks, fun summer bbq’s, pool time, popsicles, and family reunions or gatherings! It’s the time of the year that everyone makes time to get together, slow down, enjoy the weather, stay up way to late and stuff their faces with s’mores! It’s what makes summer so magical!
Growing up I made so many memories during summer. I can remember playing kickball in our swimsuits, riding around on our bikes till the sun went down, walking up to the ice cream shop near our house for a cool treat, and smelling the heavenly scent of my mom grilling dinner in our backyard. Summer was the best!
No school, just fun! Sure it probably stressed mom out to have us home and running around all summer, but the memories we made were priceless! Family get togethers are the best, I just wish we had more cousins that were around our age. My brother and I were the youngest of all the cousins so we spent alot of time playing with each, which we were already familiar with! 🙂 But the food was incredible because of all the “wanna be chefs” in our family!
Todays recipe is all about celebrating fun, summer, and family! One of my favorite desserts growing up was strawberry shortcake. You know.. the angel food cake cups filled with macerated strawberries and topped with fresh whip cream. THE BEST, right!
This Grilled Peach Shortcake is a twist on that classic Strawberry Shortcake Recipe that everyone loves. Fresh juicy peaches grilled for a couple minutes to give that smokey grill flavor are placed on top of a couple buttery shortbread bars and finished off with some homemade coconut whipped cream and fresh blueberries.
Its a fun fancy way to change up your shortcake recipe that everyone will love! Who knows, it may be the new favorite at your family gatherings!
Speaking of Family! Walkers Shortbread is throwing a “Summer Family Reunion” Party on Facebook. They will be giving away prizes to fans on a weekly basis and even offering one lucky winner the grand prize of fully “sponsoring” a persons Family Reunion or Summer Party! Be sure to head over, support them this month and maybe win a couple prizes!
To enter the Family Reunion Prize –> click here
Hope you have a great week! And can’t wait to hear what your plans are for the 4th of July! I think its a pool party and grilling out for us! Woot woot! Bring on the fun .. and the shortcake!Print
- 4 peaches, halved and seeds removed
- canola oil for brushing
- 16 Walker’s Shortbread Bars
- 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 13.5oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of honey
For Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day gently remove can from refrigerator so as not to mix the cream and milk.
- Place a medium glass bowl in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes prior to making whipped cream to chill.
- Gently scoop the cream portion out of the can and place in a chilled glass bowl.
- Add honey and vanilla extract to coconut milk. Using a hand mixer, beat the milk on high until it has soft peaks. About 2-3 minutes.
- Place back in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Lightly brush each peach with canola oil, on the flesh side of the peach.
- Place on grill for 2-3 minutes. Remove and slice.
- Assemble Shortcake. Place 2 Walkers Shortbreads on the bottom, top with a few slices of peaches, a dollop of coconut whipped cream and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
- Serving Size: 1 shortcake
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 89 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
IF YOU MAKE ONE OF THESE RECIPES, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!