Light, moist and packed with fall flavor, this Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake is a heavenly make-ahead breakfast recipe! It features a crunchy pecan streusel topping made with brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
For the Pecan Streusel Topping
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of finely chopped pecans (I put mine in a small food processor)
For the Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- To a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add flour, brown sugar, white sugar, vegetable oil, salt and pumpkin spice seasoning. Mix together until combined.
- Remove 1 1/2 cup of mixture and add to a small bowl, this is for your topping.
- Add finely chopped pecans to the topping mixture in the small bowl, then add cinnamon. Stir topping and set aside.
- In the stand mixer, add milk, pumpkin puree, egg, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix at slow speed until there are no more lumps.
- Grease and flour a 13×9 glass pan and add cake batter.
- Next, evenly spread pecan topping over batter.
- Place in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Keywords: coffee cake, pumpkin spice cake, cinnamon coffee cake