Light and refreshing, this Pineapple Strawberry Agua Fresca is just the drink to keep you cool all summer long. An easy drink recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make and is sweetened with agave nectar.
Easy Homemade Agua Fresca
When it comes to light and refreshing non-alcoholic drinks in the summertime, agua frescas are a go-to for my family. We make all different versions based on the fresh fruit we have on hand but this Pineapple Strawberry Agua Fresca is definitely a family favorite.
Strawberry and pineapple are a fruit combo that’s not paired together quite often enough and I love the balance of flavors in this refreshing summer drink. A splash of lime juice enhances the flavors and brights it up just a bit while the agave nectar adds just the perfect amount of sweetness. (And, of course, you can completely leave that out if you want!)
This is one of my favorite drinks for pool days and it’s frequently requested by kids and adults alike.
What Is An Agua Fresca?
Agua Fresca literally translates to “fresh (cool) water” in Spanish. They are a popular drink in Mexico and throughout Latin America. They are most often made with fruit blended with water and then strained so you’re drinking just the water without the pulp. Fresh lime and a sweetener like agave nectar are usually added as well.
They’re a refreshing drink perfect for summertime.
Is Agua Fresca The Same As Fruit Juice?
Agua fresca is not the same as fruit juice. A more appropriate description would be fruit water. Unlike juices that contain lots of sweeteners and can be more concentrated, agua frescas are typically just fresh fruit blended with water, lime juice, and a bit of sweetener.
Agua frescas are actually a great alternative to sugary fruit juices and lemonades.
What You’ll Need
Four ingredients are all you need to make this pineapple agua fresca.
- Pineapple – Roughly chopped into chunks.
- Agave nectar – My preferred sweetener. Adjust the amount to your preference.
- Lime juice – Freshly squeezed lime juice is essential.
Can I Use A Different Sweetener?
Honey, coconut sugar, and even granulated sugar or brown sugar can be added as a sweetener. I prefer the flavor of agave nectar and it is slightly more traditional as well, and doesn’t give the drink a too sugary flavor.
How to Make Pineapple Strawberry Agua Fresca
This refreshing summer drink comes together in just a few steps.
- Blend. Blend all of the ingredients with a cup of water in a blender until pureed with no chunks remaining.
- Strain. Use a spoon or spatula to pour the juice through a strainer into the pitcher.
- Serve. Add the remaining water to the pitcher. Stir and enjoy!
Agua frescas can be made with any number of fruits. Here are a few suggestions:
- Any berries (blackberry is especially refreshing!)
- Melon (watermelon, honeydew, canteloupe)
You can also add refreshing herbs like mint to the agua frescas and mix and match the fruits based on what you prefer.
Serve your pineapple strawberry agua fresca chilled or over ice. I like to keep the pitcher in the fridge until serving as it’s just that much more refreshing when served chilled.
Agua frescas are ideal for summer potlucks, picnics, pool days, and get-togethers as they’re one drink the entire family can enjoy.
How Long Will This Last?
Since this blended fruit water is made with fresh fruit, it should be enjoyed within 24 hours or so. You can definitely make it the night before or enjoy it the following day but don’t keep it for longer than that.
More Refreshing Drinks:Print
Light and refreshing, this Pineapple Strawberry Agua Fresca is just the drink to keep you cool all summer long. This easy drink recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and is sweetened with agave nectar.
- 4 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- juice of 1 lime (about 2–3 tablespoons)
- Add pineapple, strawberries, 1 cup of water, agave nectar, and lime juice to a blender.
- Blend until pureed and there are no more chunks left.
- Pour juice through a strainer into a pitcher. (you may need to use a spoon or spatula to help it through)
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of water to the pitcher. Stir to mix and serve!
- Serving Size: 6 oz.
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: strawberry agua fresca, easy drink recipe, refreshing summer drink